Ibiza Cupra 1.8turbo vs 1.9TDi??

vwpologti

Jun 25, 2006
if a girl goes out with you coz you have a nice petrol car

then dam you must be ugly!!!!!!:p

most girls dont care about cars,what bhp or petrol or tdi......

and girls that do,then there just after your money :funk:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
oh i will! shud be early next week :dance:

fuelling up should be even more regular! its all part of the fun :p

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Well, ive just changed from a mk3 Ibiza Cupra to mk4 FR TDI so i have got a fairly good comparison.

My old Mk3 was remapped and had a few other bits and was running around 210bhp with 230ish torque, the FR is remapped and has around 160bhp with 280ish torque.

The MK3 would eat my TDI FR alive, the petrol is a much faster car to drive as you have the accleration with the longer gear changes and it just keeps on pulling. I find the FR has the in gear acceleration but lacks the raw accleration to just keep on going.

If i could have i would have kept my mk3 but it cost me a small fortune to run on the amount of miles i do and i was just throwing money away when i could have the tdi and it still do everything i wanted and have the accleration to overtake and such. The TDI is quick enough, any quicker and i would think your an idiot doing those sort of speeds on public roads. The TDI has the perfect speed and accleration for what you would want on public roads.

For lots of miles and just day to day driving i think the Diesel is the far sensible option to go for.

If you want to do track days, sprints, 1/4 miles or seek huge bhp then the petrol is for you.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
then a fiat 500 is fast enough for you then as it probably does 70mph and it gets you 4rm A-B cheaply! i think there is a diffrence between driving fast and like a tw4t :shrug: the mk3 looks r.nice tho (not rubbing it in)

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
then a fiat 500 is fast enough for you then as it probably does 70mph and it gets you 4rm A-B cheaply! i think there is a diffrence between driving fast and like a tw4t :shrug: the mk3 looks r.nice tho (not rubbing it in)

lol yeah of course, so your going down a country lane and you get stuck behind a slow tractor and you want to overtake safely. The Fiat has loads or power to get round in a safe manor.

Yeah i know there is driving fast and driving like a twat, of course the twat means different things to different people.

I see your going to be running IHI, thats alot of power to be running will you be using all that power on the public roads or have you got track days and such planned? as i would consider running that amount of power on public roads as driving like a twat. No offence of course as i dont know you and you may be a very responsible driver.

vwpologti

Jun 25, 2006
yeah but if your fr is only running 160bhp then its not goting to be that fast!

some people have them running at around 220bhp with bigger turbo,
then that would give a mk3 a run for its money.

or i could be wrong!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
it is in for IHI :D my driving style is on the motor way il do no more than 70mph as im worried about undercover police cars! and dont see much point but country roads il use all the power having fun but in a controlled way il be showing my face at santa pod and brands ect

i get your point totally BTW!

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
it is in for IHI :D my driving style is on the motor way il do no more than 70mph as im worried about undercover police cars! and dont see much point but country roads il use all the power having fun but in a controlled way il be showing my face at santa pod and brands ect

i get your point totally BTW!

Perfect, refering to my first post that if you want this out of the car then you need to buy a petrol.

But if you want what i now want out of a car then get a diesel.

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
yeah but if your fr is only running 160bhp then its not goting to be that fast!

some people have them running at around 220bhp with bigger turbo,
then that would give a mk3 a run for its money.

or i could be wrong!

lol, yeah and then what happens when you also put a bigger turbo on the petrol:) :)

vwpologti

Jun 25, 2006
lol, yeah and then what happens when you also put a bigger turbo on the petrol:) :)

yeah true,but for me i love the mpg you get from a tdi

if i was to get mine upto 220bhp that would be fast enough for
me and most people i think!

i need to start with a remap first,as 130bhp seems bit slow :(

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
yeah true,but for me i love the mpg you get from a tdi

if i was to get mine upto 220bhp that would be fast enough for
me and most people i think!

i need to start with a remap first,as 130bhp seems bit slow :(

130 bhp seems a bit slow.............................

wait for it

should have got a 20vt mate ;)

vwpologti

Jun 25, 2006
130 bhp seems a bit slow.............................

wait for it

should have got a 20vt mate ;)
sorry petrol is not for me!

i love the way a tdi pulls and when i get it remaped i will be over the moon:p

also having a fast car that does great mpg is good to :D

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
yeah I'm only pulling yer leg

although mine has seen low 40's to the gallon

this thread could go on and on and on
as long as it's an FR/SPORT or a CUPRA we are all winners ;)