Ibiza Cupra delivery times

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Ordered a new Ibiza Cupra in Candy White a week ago specifically chose the colour cuz the sales manager said this one was already on order for the showroom so it should be here in 6 weeks or less.
Called yesterday and was told that all dealer orders had been put to the back of the list so they could catch up with customer orders, i'm guessing then that i'm at the back of the customer order list now.
Has anyone had any recent delivery times from there dealers for a Cupra in Candy White, as my dealer cant seem to get even a rough date from Seat. I was hoping to try n take advantage of Direct Lines 8 weeks free insurance which ends on the 30/11/09 i'm thinking its doubtful.

saintsforever

Just come back from a dealer afteer driving a FR for a test drive.

Was told there is a 12-14 week wait! So Feburary time for new builds.

Was going to get a Candy White Cupra myself.

But need the car within 4-6 weeks!

saintsforever

Did u not make an order then?

What u think about the DSG?

No, didn't make an order, looking between the FR/Cupra or a Honda Civic Type R.

Thought the DSG was superb. Never driven an automatic before. In 'Drive' mode it was quite sedate but worked fine. Couldn't really tell when the gears were changing. Then flicked it into 'Sport' and put my foot down. Sounded very good and so quick for such a small car. I like the fact you can change it with the paddle shift.

Loved the test drive, just a shame about the waiting time!

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Its a shame Seat cant sort their **** out at the moment. Selling a car when u can only guess at a delivery time is gonna be difficult, i'm thinking the 12 - 14 weeks they told u was a guess seen as my dealer only spoke to Seat yesterday n they said they'd be in touch with him as soon as they could give him more info on delivery dates.

Glad u liked the DSG I had 2 test drives one in a 1.6 then more recently in a Boc. Hated it in the 1.6 couldn't get used to it, then last week went out in the Boc loved it. Only had one issue in Semi auto if u changed gears on the paddles at the top of the revs sometimes the car changes it too and it goes up 2 gears instead of one, would be good if their was an override to stop it interfering.

bickers70

Feb 18, 2009
I ordered a Candy White Cupra back in June. It's due in a couple of weeks.
After not such a great test drive (although I've had a better one since) I've had my head turned by the Renaultsport Clio 200 with the Cup chassis. Having a drive in this tomorrow. Should I go for it, my dealer in Wolverhampton will have a spare Cupra!!

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Cheers for letting me know, a Clio wouldn't be a good choice for me for various reasons but let me know how it goes n if u decide to order the Clio i could speak to my dealer in Stoke see what they say :)

JamesJG

My paperwork says October - ASAP, but been told another four weeks... ordered 20th August. I'm not in much of a rush though.

nicky1873

Jan 10, 2008
i was in my local vw dealership yesterday (verve glasgow) and made an enquiry about a golf 1.4 tsi (122). he informed me the the tsi (122)engine has a wating time of about 4 months, order now and get it feb/march. not only seat then:confused:

JamesJG

If I remember correctly, don't the Seat Ibiza's and Volkswagon Golf's use the same engines, anyway? It might just be the supply of engines that are the problem rather than getting the rest of the car actually built? Hmm.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
The TSI unit in various state of tune is found in loads of VW group cars from the Sirocco through to the new Cupra's. So I suppose if all these cars are in high demand and the engine is only made in one place this could be where the problem lies.

collegeboy09

Moving along with 215bhp
Sep 18, 2009
Northants
Hi Everyone

After just popping down to my dealership to find out what is happening to my car, build moved from week 45 to week 50, it seems that seat have been a little ignorant about some things, mainly the scrappage schemes. in fact the dealer said they have been ignoring it all together in the uk so now they have got to catch up with those orders, in his words cars people ordered in august still havent even been accepted by spain. that is why so many uk orders for new cars have been pushed back including mine :cry:

Hope this helps anyone who wants to know

Mak1

I think the scrappage scheme has had a massive effect on the order of all small cars. This is not helped by the fact that SEAT shut the factory every August!!!!!!!!

bickers70

Feb 18, 2009
Cheers for letting me know, a Clio wouldn't be a good choice for me for various reasons but let me know how it goes n if u decide to order the Clio i could speak to my dealer in Stoke see what they say :)

Danny,

I've gone for the Clio, I've sent you a PM with my number on. Give me a bell and I'll give you the details.

Cheers.

JamesJG

I was mildly interested in the Clio; I wasn't hugely fond of the styling, and there's just too many different versions on the website to make an informed decision, in my opinion, Seat have it right on the money... just the built time's got everyone a little miffed.

bickers70

Feb 18, 2009
If anyone wants to buy a candy white Ibiza Cupra, I ordered one back in July and it is due within the next 2 weeks but I have changed my mind. I have paid a deposit to the dealer but they have said if i can point a buyer in their direction, they will refund my deposit. I have to give Dannydp first option but if anyone else is interested please let me know just in case he isn't.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.