ibiza fr tdi power lose at top speed

niw2500

Jul 6, 2006
Does anyone know why my 06 fr ibiza lost power like having no turbo when i was in 6th gear at 4200 rpm 138 mph last nite. it was like driving a 1.0 corsa dead. until i turned the car on and off it then went normal again.

gazjones

looks like it went into limp mode maybe the intake temps were so hig with the side mount intercooler that the car just pulled right back and went into limp mode!

gazjones

the prob with a max speed run is the engine is putting out boost for such a long time unlike when your going through the geasrs you lift off and then build the boost up again in top gear its just going to be reving slowly to the redline and building up so much heat even with 138 mph wind through the intercooler! i would suggest not going that fast again or getting a fmic if you want to go that fast lol!

T. Spark

Also @ 138mph (on the clock) at 4200rpm there isnt much power left!! Bearley (spelling?!) enough to keep it at that speed, im glad the wind was behind you!

niw2500

Jul 6, 2006
Calm nite, and a 3.5 mile stretch of straight road. Never once thought it would do that sort of speed. No other cars on the road. Prob not do it again. Gettin remap soon as long as it doesn't cause it to go into limp mode.

kempos

Sep 26, 2002
hull
Visit site
so your fr 130 tdi does 9 mph faster than book at 138

think not mine struggled to 140 with 175bhp and 290 lb ft torque,

you sure your clocks are right

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
kempos said:

Nah they wont be. The book figure will be right as VAG Speedo's are 7% out IIRC. Some 17" wheels make things more accurate.

Also, why the hell are you advertising doing these speeds on normal roads? Its bad for the forum and the public's health.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
138mph in atandard fr tdi, wow, you are breaking records all over the place. why i bothered with REVo wi will never know, should have stayed standard

T. Spark

kempos said:

Ive gone faster than 138mph (on the clock) when my car was standard (on a private road)

@ 130mph on the clock the gps reads 125mph, so mines only out by around 7mph top end. So I have had more than the 129mph it states, not much more mind.. and who cares? You'r never going to need that sort of speed on pulic roads imo.

Also my above post still holds warrent, at 4200rpm in 6th there is bugger all to keep you at that speed, nevermind push you to go faster, remap or no remap.

kempos

Sep 26, 2002
hull
Visit site
was thinking that yesterday couldn't get my 02 beeza up to 4000 rpm in 6th never mind 4200. although didn't know they changed the gearing

and yeah hitting close to the limiter in 5th was over 130 on the clock

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.