IBIZA MK4 headlights

chribiza

Hi and goodafternoon.
This is my first post and I really need your help.:cry:
Does anyone has changed (or has) the original oem xenon headlights of IBIZA mk4 (2002 +)??
I would like to know some things because I am interested in putting them in my IBIZA.
If you can post photos of the headlights ftont and back (specially back with the protective cap and not) it would be excellent.
I would like to know the caple that connects the headlight how many pins it has...so i can see if it is the same with the simple twin headlight.
The ballast and the balb (if there are photos) and how they put in the headlight.
Any advises you may think will be appreciated.
Please help a newbe member with great expectations of his IBIZA...
Thank you very much
CHRISTOS

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
I have just put some on mine. If you have twin halogen headlights on there already they are simply plug and play.

I sourced genuine D1S bulbs from ebay very cheaply and got the headlights complete with ballasts from a main dealer.

If you go for 6LL 941 049C and 6LL 941 050C assuming you are in this country these are the part numbers for the latest headlights which should come with ballasts as mine did. If they dont you will need to source Audi A4 2002 to 2004 (B6 shape) ballast to screw in to the bottom of the headlights.

Any info you want just give me a shout or rich:)

chribiza

Frenchy can you please my friend take some pictures from the back of the headlight to see where is the ballast and the connection cable type??
If it is possible infront also.
Thank you all very much for your answers.
I have allaready bouhgt the bulbs from ebay (d1s) and i will buy the headlights from my country dealer. I am in Greece.
I am not sure that the phillips ballasts (d1s) will fit. this is why i want to see where is placed in the headlight.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
the ballasts screw into the underside of the light cluster with 6 small screws. The ballasts i used in mine came off an '02 Audi A4 i think and came with the correct cables already fitted. I got them off ebay.com.

I only have pictures of the front of my lights, none of the back at the moment.. i will try to take some of the back tomorrow, but it may be difficult with the engine bay being so tight around the headlights. The only way to take proper pictures would be to take the bumper off and the headlights out but i wont be doing that as i've only recently had the bulbs aligned properly :lol:

As said already, the xenon headlights are a straight swap for the twin halogen ones :) I'll see if i can find pictures of the cables etc online for you.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
R1ch did you have to cut and shut the standard wiring or was it a conversion cable or just a straight plug in?

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
it was just a straight swap, no cutting of anything required :) the height adjustment switch inside the car still works too :D

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
Frenchy can you please my friend take some pictures from the back of the headlight to see where is the ballast and the connection cable type??
If it is possible infront also.
Thank you all very much for your answers.
I have allaready bouhgt the bulbs from ebay (d1s) and i will buy the headlights from my country dealer. I am in Greece.
I am not sure that the phillips ballasts (d1s) will fit. this is why i want to see where is placed in the headlight.

If you go for these part numbers which are correct for your country you may be lucky and have the ballasts already in them. 6L1 941 039C and 6L1 941 040C.

I wouldnt go rushing out to buy ballasts just in case they are already installed.;)

chribiza

The ballast and bulbs I bought looks the same like in the picture...
4608_1.JPG

I hope they will fit the headlight.:confused:
For the electrical elevation of the beam you used the same motors from the twinheadlight??

chribiza

If you go for these part numbers which are correct for your country you may be lucky and have the ballasts already in them. 6L1 941 039C and 6L1 941 040C.

I wouldnt go rushing out to buy ballasts just in case they are already installed.;)

Frenchy i ask my local dealer for the part numbers you said and they does not exsist...:confused:
He gave me instead these part numbers to order...
6L1 941 751Q
6L1 941 752Q
Maybe this is a replacement part number...:help:

chribiza

Now i am really disappointed...
because my ballasts wont fit...
this is the back of the ballast..
DSC00370.jpg

:doh::doh::cry::cry:

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
Don't get too worried yet as you maybe lucky and get the ballasts with the headlights. ETKA says that it dosn't, but in my case they did.