IBIZA MK4 Mods

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
Whats are the best mods for an 04 mk4.

I want to add some chrome to the inside for example a new gear stick, footpedals, maybe some other items.

I am thinking of getting the back windows tinted and have been quoted £100.

Can anyone suggest the best mods.

D Fox

If its red, black rims.
If its white, black rims.
If its yellow, black rims.

16's or 17's, wouldn't bother with 18's.

Lower the car.

And tint the windows if its one of those 3 colours.

Front splitters are good too.

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
Sorry i didnt mention, the car is grey, i class it as silver.

It already has 17 inch black alloys with a red trim.

Im gonna get it tinted black and was thinking of getting a remap done.

Could anyone suggest a decent gear stick to replace my dull black one.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
remap--- performance torque..

gear knob how about the cupra one???? red black in colour very nice...

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
would they be able to do a 2.0L sport as most websites only seem to list diesal models.

Performance torque is too far to go as I'm in Leeds, is there any other places closer to home.

Where is a good place to get the cupra stick and would it fit my car as I have seen a nice aluminium sport stick on eBay but it says it will only fit 06 to 08 model.

Last edited:

gus

Jun 27, 2006
tps there vry good but personnaly i would go to sere in northen ireland official seat selaer which amamzing good prices. give him a call...

HOW TO GET ME

WORK PHONE 028 90205115
8 - 5.30 Monday - Friday

EMAIL [email protected]
This is my personal email so I can access messages outside work.
All posts and emails do get answered, but please dont be offended if evening and weekend queries aren't dealt with until the next working day.

HOW TO ORDER
paypal to [email protected]
or card details by phone, PM or email (preferred due to paypal fees)
add 5% to any price quoted for paypal due to fees - sorry!!!!!
All orders must be paid prior to despatch unless by special arrangement - purely due to the volume of transactions, not a reflection on the genuine forum members in any way

DESPATCH TIME
We aim to despatch all orders within 48 hours, although most go same or next working day. A combination of Royal Mail and courier will be used depending on the size/weight of the goods.

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
Im going to get a remap when i can afford it, what is the best package to go for and whats a good price.

Im gonna change my gear stick, is there anywhere online that sells the cupra gearstick.

Is a new exhaust a good idea as i would like a slightly louder grunt from the engine, also what is the best process to get it lowered, im not very hands on with cars as i dont know what i am really doing.

What about an air filter, what aeriel would you recommend, i have seen the bee sting one and the shark fin.

This is my first sporty car even though i have been driving 2 year, just wanted some input from experienced seat drivers.

Last edited:

jwilkinson

Oct 12, 2008
On the aerial front go for a honda s2000 one or a citroen one - there all universal so will fit straight on.

Think carefully about getting the remap though - your car isn't turbocharged (forgive me if I'm wrong) so dont expect big gains like you see on here from other members.

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
Yes my car is not turbocharged, if i wont see a great gain then i wont bother.

What other mods to the engine can i do, what would you advise.

I have searched for the s2000 aerial but it brings up many results, which one is it.

What are the best coilovers for my car.

Last edited:

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Yes my car is not turbocharged, if i wont see a great gain then i wont bother.

What other mods to the engine can i do, what would you advise.

I have searched for the s2000 aerial but it brings up many results, which one is it.

What are the best coilovers for my car.

Breathing mods really, good induction tied to a good exhaust system, then remap usually nets modest but decent gains. I can't recommend you specific parts at this point cos I'm fairly new to the Seat scene, but the other can maybe? When I had my corsa I sent the cams off to Piper for a regrind to fast road spec, uprated manifold...if you want more from there you can look into having the head ported and polished, maybe lightened and balanced flywheel...but you are talking a lot of money when you start having parts re-machined etc.

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
Are there any cheaper coilovers, didnt want to spend much more than £300.

Im only interested in gaining a slight increase in speed, i rang rs tuning and they said they can remap my car and i would see a small gain.

Does anyone have a link to one of the aerials listed.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Are there any cheaper coilovers, didnt want to spend much more than £300.

Im only interested in gaining a slight increase in speed, i rang rs tuning and they said they can remap my car and i would see a small gain.

Does anyone have a link to one of the aerials listed.

Hottuning Coilies...They're on ebay...I tried to post you the link but cos I'm new it won't let me I'll try to PM you the link. If not just search Ebay for Seat Ibiza Coilovers and you'll find them, £265 + £15 delivery.

Normally wouldn't recommend going much cheaper than £400 on coilovers tbh, u tend to get what you pay for, however, I fitted a set of these to a mates Corsa C and the ride/drop was pretty good...nowhere near what you'd get from Koni etc, but very good value :)

Speighty

Jul 22, 2009
Leeds
Ok cool.

What would fitting cost as i dont have a clue how to fit them my self.

What mods could i do to the engine that wont cost me a small fortune, something that may give me a bit more grunt and maybe a bit more power.

Im still thinking about whether to get it remapped as i may only see a slight increase in speed.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise