ibiza mk4 noise on start up

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
hi, wonder if anyone can help. when i start my ibiza (1.2s) for the first 1-2 mins it is quite noisy with a loud ticking/rattling noise but after 2 or 3 mins it settles down to its normal soft purring noise. is just during the first couple of mins that i get this funny loud-ish noisy tickover. any ideas/solutions anyone?

Many Thanks

rich3001

Mar 9, 2009
hi, wonder if anyone can help. when i start my ibiza (1.2s) for the first 1-2 mins it is quite noisy with a loud ticking/rattling noise but after 2 or 3 mins it settles down to its normal soft purring noise. is just during the first couple of mins that i get this funny loud-ish noisy tickover. any ideas/solutions anyone?

Many Thanks

I have a similar noise on mine, i have been trying to find out what it is for ages and my car has just been serviced. It was suggested to me that it could be tappets ( i think thats what they said :s ) if any one could shed any light on what ive bin told would be great.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Does it have enough oil? :lol: If not I'd say the tappets are just a bit vocal until oil has got properly round, as Rich above said. :)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
sometimes the gear knob can rattle...test this by giving it a move, at least you can strike that off the list :)

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
it has just had an oil change and still makes the noisy tickover for about 2mins. what are tappets and can it be fixed?? thanks guys.

G

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.