Ibiza Mk5 Delivery

stu1977

My order was in March, but was delayed till 27/07/09, told it was bulit in week 27 - have now been told it's not been built and won't be till week 31/32, and to expect it in September!!! So it may be a 6 month wait since I first ordered it[:@]

Corte

There was a big hail storm in spain which dented roofs ect.. that is why some peoples cars have been delayed.

Cheers

jamjar

Jul 6, 2009
Six month wait :cry:

I called my dealer & he could not give me a build date for my car. He told me to expect delivery in early October.

Crazy situation, a hand built car wouldn't take this long.

stu1977

Ha, I know, it's ridiculous. How it can take so long I don't know. What annoys me more is it clearly wasn't built week 27, yet they still kept my estimated delivery date as 27 July - and didn't tell me it wasn't built till I contacted them today.

It's a company car, so the company we use to order cars is going to try to arrange something, but not sure what they can do if the cars not built:cry:

stukillen

Jun 26, 2009
Glasgow
ordered mine at the end of june and it is due to be built in week 38, but i dont know when that is in real dates.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
week 38 is the w/c 14th september if my additions are correct (someone in another thread said theirs was being built "this week, week 26" in a post on the 22nd June)

stukillen

Jun 26, 2009
Glasgow
cheers my dealer said that it was the end of august but he wasnt very sure, which i took to mean he never had a clue when it was.

jamjar

Jul 6, 2009
Hi vtxracer,

let us know if you get the car next week.

The posts seem to indicate that your delivery would be around the end of September, early October. :cry:

Lets hope they have speeded things up a bit. :)

stu1977

Just been told my 1.6TDI is being built either this week (I think this week is week 31 by the way) or next and to expect delivery at the end of August. Their reasons for the delay were the change from the 1.9 to 1.6 engine. So they tell me this 4 months after I first ordered it, why not just be upfront as they new a new engine was being introduced. I hope it's worth the wait:-o

psimperson

My girlfriend has been told her 1.6tdi CR will be arriving this coming week. This was ordered 1st of May. I'm still dubious if it will turn up or not as the dealer still won't pin point a day next week. If it turns up i'll let you all know what its like.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I did originally say i wasn't going to find out when my car was being built and to just wait it out until i get the call that it's ready to be delivered, but i couldn't resist any longer, just found out mine's being built this week (week 31), and to expect delivery 2nd/3rd week in september.

JonDog

Order mine mid May and it will be at the dealer on monday. Picking it up on the first of september as a nice new 59 plate! :D

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
23rd may according to my order form,
i've gone for the 1.6tdi-cr which i thnk has a big part to play in the long delivery time due to the delay in getting the 1.6tdi manufacturing rolling

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise