Ibiza MPG

Aug 3, 2011
Dropped my mum to airport And back, chilled out drive, not eco driving, just normal, little traffic on 30/40/70 mph roads.

IMG_20130224_053828.jpg

Jay

Poochy

Ooo my...
Dec 4, 2007
Cardiff
I know this a mk5 thread but I'm considering a mk5 cupra/boc/polo/fabia

Currently got a pd160 cupra mk4 and getting 370-400miles out of the 40ltrs (until trip says 0)

I do short journeys, apart from my 50 round trip to work.

so would a cupra/boc get near that sort of miles per tank?

gaffer1986

I know this a mk5 thread but I'm considering a mk5 cupra/boc/polo/fabia

Currently got a pd160 cupra mk4 and getting 370-400miles out of the 40ltrs (until trip says 0)

I do short journeys, apart from my 50 round trip to work.

so would a cupra/boc get near that sort of miles per tank?

It sounds like most most 1.4 TSI owner get between 35-45 mpg.

40 mpg will get you 352 miles from 40 litres.
45 mpg will get you 396 miles from 40 litres.

on a recent trip to aberdeen and back from falkirk in my boc (about 260-270 miles) i averaged 47.1mpg, with the cruise control set to 68mph for most of the journey (odd bit of spirited driving when the roads were clear of speed cameras)

from that tank i also got just under 100 miles more from town driving, but that's the best i've had from one tank...about 360 miles.

normally i'm lucky to get 270...started using v-power however which does make a slight difference.

st3ph3n

Feb 18, 2013
North Lanarkshire
yeah, 1.4tsi boc. standard apart from pipercross panel filter, and deleted resonator

How many miles have you done out of interest?

I've only had my car since Feb although it had done 6000 miles when I bought it, and I'm averaging 30ish on a tank at best. On a reasonable journey I'm getting maybe 35, but nowhere near your numbers. It still could be bedding in at 6k, and to be fair my daily commute is a round trip of about 5 miles and it has been pretty baltic of late so I doubt I'll get good economy on those runs, but would have expected better on longer ones.

Car is a 1.4 FR also.

Last edited:
How many miles have you done out of interest?

I've only had my car since Feb although it had done 6000 miles when I bought it, and I'm averaging 30ish on a tank at best. On a reasonable journey I'm getting maybe 35, but nowhere near your numbers. It still could be bedding in at 6k, and to be fair my daily commute is a round trip of about 5 miles and it has been pretty baltic of late so I doubt I'll get good economy on those runs, but would have expected better on longer ones.

Car is a 1.4 FR also.

Car has now done 18,500 miles. I got it with 16,300 on the clock and can't say I've noticed any difference in MPG over the last 2k miles or so. I normally get about 220-240 miles out a tank if I'm only using it about town. On a long run the best I've had is 360. I think the Cupras and Bocs might get slightly better economy as the engines are mapped better. I know this is the case with corsa VXRs and the lesser 1.6 turbo SRI model.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
read fuelly below.

honestly, dont care, its more about the smiles per gallon ;)

that being said my old mk3 used to do 7to the gallon average. 300bhp = LOTS of smiles.