Ibiza MPG

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
had 600 out of a vented tank driving back from germany before.

Sweet!!

I'm very rarely on the motorways though so If I can ever get 500 from a tank I'll be a very happy chappy :D

500 miles in a cupra?

jesus, i must be doing something wrong :(

Nah I'm doing it wrong, driving it like a granny to get those sorts of figures as It goes nowhere near a motorway :rofl:

Aug 3, 2011
My 30mile lights just Came on,just done 250miles on trip. Not been as steady this time aha

mr adds

I normally get high 50's in my FR TDi, but has been high 40's in the recent cold weather, normally about 480- 500 mles to a tank! Happy days compared to my previos Alfa Brera which struggled to get 27 mpg!

gaffer1986

Thanks for your replies - the more the merrier. I have also been looking at other makes of cars.

The 1.6 HDI diesel from PSA (Peugeot / Citroen) is used in many cars including the: mini, 207, 208, C3, DS3, fiesta, focus, C30, 1 series ED among others. This engine seems to be very economical.

My research on fuelly.com, honest john real mpg and forums has shown that small cars (fiesta, etc) using this engine achieve 55-60 mpg and small family cars (focus, etc) achieve over 50 mpg all in real world conditions. The 1.5 DCi Renault and Nissan engine also prove to be very economical in real world conditions.

From what I can see the real world MPG of VAG cars are further away from the official claimed mpg than most other manufacturers.

Iperry

2010 ibiza cupra

just done a 180 mile round trip to north norfolk coast so mainly crawling along behind a lorry and a bit of blasting around the back roads. i got average of 36.8 which is quite impressive as i wasnt exactly driving like a grandad. lol

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
Thanks for your replies - the more the merrier. I have also been looking at other makes of cars.

The 1.6 HDI diesel from PSA (Peugeot / Citroen) is used in many cars including the: mini, 207, 208, C3, DS3, fiesta, focus, C30, 1 series ED among others. This engine seems to be very economical.

My research on fuelly.com, honest john real mpg and forums has shown that small cars (fiesta, etc) using this engine achieve 55-60 mpg and small family cars (focus, etc) achieve over 50 mpg all in real world conditions. The 1.5 DCi Renault and Nissan engine also prove to be very economical in real world conditions.

From what I can see the real world MPG of VAG cars are further away from the official claimed mpg than most other manufacturers.

The Fiesta could do 55mpg at a push in standard guise It wasn't that great, remapped though and it would do 70mpg with ease at 60mph.

Beazy

Sep 21, 2011
How an earth did you manage that, Thats seriously impressive!

Prolonged and constant speed. Cupra loves a good cruise!

That's interesting, which fiesta did you have?

I had a mk6.5 zetec s!

The 1.6 has changed slightly though, it's now single cam dpf setup. Still returns roughly the same figures though... The new 1l ecoboost outshines the diesel in a big way!

chasb73

Just bought a 1.6 tdi Ibiza MK5, driven it to and from work, a mix of motorway and back roads... getting between 40 and 45 mpg over the last two days... will report back on total mileage from the tank.

Did i read above that the reserve is about 30 miles (dependant on mpg)?

MattyW

2.0 TDi FR

I average about 45/46mpg over a tank. Put 40l in when I fill up and get 400-420 miles before I have to fill up again. That's mostly A & B road commuting with a 200 mile motorway round trip once a month.

I have had 63mpg indicated on a 100 mile motorway once or twice though, but that is driving very carefully.

Tricksc

It's Tricky
Dec 29, 2011
Sheffield
mk5 ibiza sc sportrider 1.4 n/a 16v i mainly do motorways going too & from work & i average between 36 to 40 on long run at speed between 65-70mph, now getting rid of it cause need a diesel due to poor mpg.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
2.0 TDi FR

I average about 45/46mpg over a tank. Put 40l in when I fill up and get 400-420 miles before I have to fill up again. That's mostly A & B road commuting with a 200 mile motorway round trip once a month.

I have had 63mpg indicated on a 100 mile motorway once or twice though, but that is driving very carefully.

About the same here.

Did you have a MK4 TDI before the MK5 ? - Are you finding it much harder to get the same fuel consumption from the MK5 ?

Mar 13, 2010
I get around 30mpg on thw way work which is 2 miles and all traffic, but have had 45mpg on a trip doing 70mph consistantly.

To be fair its not that bad, £135 tax isnt that bad either.

MattyW

About the same here.

Did you have a MK4 TDI before the MK5 ? - Are you finding it much harder to get the same fuel consumption from the MK5 ?

No this is my first Ibiza. Don't mind the fuel consumption too much, it's still quite good for the performance. I just wish the computer wouldn't lie to me so much, it's pure fiction! And while I'm on the subject so is the fuel gauge. :lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members