MPG Help

Bbeettaa

Feb 20, 2012
Hi All,

It's been a while since I've posted and others have posted about MPG. I was just curious to see what type of MPG most of you get. I purchased my Exeo in 2012, which since the start hasn't been the most economical but more recently I have noticed it again.

My Car: 60 Plate - Exeo Estate 2.0 TDI CR SE Tech (143bhp) 5d.

Surely my stats suggest something wrong?

Urban: 30mpg - mostly short journeys, much worse in the winter
Motorway: I recently did a trip down to London (from Birmingham), average was just under 40mpg @ 75-80mph. Not a particularly loaded car - again usually a little lower when I load it up.

I keep the car well serviced (usually doing it myself), decent rubber which are inflated but still my figures seem to be much worse then any ever spoke of.

Anything I can actually do?

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I get a little better than you on a cr170 Exeo which has a less efficient 6th gear. I usually cruise at around 70 though - circa 55mpg on the long run we do to Wales (250 miles).

When going around town/b roads I get between 43-47.

If solely town I don't get much but its a heavy car- 30 or less.

I've had the car 7 years and done 75k on it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bbeettaa

Feb 20, 2012
I get a little better than you on a cr170 Exeo which has a less efficient 6th gear. I usually cruise at around 70 though - circa 55mpg on the long run we do to Wales (250 miles).

When going around town/b roads I get between 43-47.

If solely town I don't get much but its a heavy car- 30 or less.

I've had the car 7 years and done 75k on it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds like a substantial difference - c30% at least. I imagine you have a model from 2010 onwards?

My MPG is horribly low, not expecting more then 35-40mpg on a long run down to Cornwall on Friday. That will be the car loaded, cruising at 70mph.

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
I have a 2011 143 Sport Tech estate which over the 100k miles I have owned it, has averaged just shy of 50 mpg, the car read out always displays more though. Most of that mileage was done driving to / from North East Scotland to North East England, with some town driving.

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
According to the dash I generally get 50-55 on long, mixed runs and it reported 64 mpg on a 300 mile motorway trip last year. Like you, only serviced by myself. Gets Castrol Edge Titanium LL 5W30 every 6,000 miles with all filters done on alternate services.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.