Ibiza Reverse camera from china

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Would you say this is one of the best cameras to buy, in terms of video quality? In your YouTube video it looked HD?
The more I look at it , the more I see it's not that good. I believe that it's 480p. Not HD.

Don't get me wrong. It does the job, yesterday I was backing up a parking space, and I had a truck right next to me, and I could see the road 120° in my screen.

In regards to the quality, I think to take advantage of the 8 inch screen, you will need a better on.

But now at least I have all the cables in the bumper, so swapping the camera is a 10 sec job

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett
May 4, 2019
The more I look at it , the more I see it's not that good. I believe that it's 480p. Not HD.

Don't get me wrong. It does the job, yesterday I was backing up a parking space, and I had a truck right next to me, and I could see the road 120° in my screen.

In regards to the quality, I think to take advantage of the 8 inch screen, you will need a better on.

But now at least I have all the cables in the bumper, so swapping the camera is a 10 sec job
Actually magnificent work.
If you have a demonstration video on how you removed MMI and the wiring process that would be perfect.

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Actually magnificent work.
If you have a demonstration video on how you removed MMI and the wiring process that would be perfect.
To remove I used a set of keys, that I bought from Aliexpress for audi/Vw radios.

Regarding the connections, after you remove the MMI (radio on the glove box) you only need to connect to pin 7 and 12.

Zayynn12

May 8, 2019
Is there anyway to switch it off, or is there a way just to install rear sensors
Yes, It will work. From another user experience, after you put the car in 1st gear again, screen will remain black for a couple of seconds, because in cars with parking sensors, it shows the front parking sensors

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Is there anyway to switch it off, or is there a way just to install rear sensors
Yes, there is a button on screen that says "back", if you press that, you will return to the radio right away. Otherwise the screen will remain black for 10 seconds and then go back to the radio screen.

Zayynn12

May 8, 2019
Yes, there is a button on screen that says "back", if you press that, you will return to the radio right away. Otherwise the screen will remain black for 10 seconds and then go back to the radio screen.
That’s sweet
Have you found any better quality cams and does this one come with the lines

Bruno Maia

Dec 10, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
So

just to get this clear if you have the camera that was previously advertised do you only need the camera +filter
Also can’t really tell with the led camera whether the fitting looks different to the Hd one, is there any difference that you can see
If you already had the led camera, like me. You only need to buy the camera. The rest if the same.

The fitting is plug and play, it fits the same license plate light.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members