ibiza tdi cupra brakes - clunking noises???

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
i recently had my brakes replaced by a local garage, but ive noticed that sometimes when i let go of the brake pedal (usually when im about to reverse) there is a loud ish 'clunking' noise. is this likely to be anything serious ?

i've also noticed that the brakes screech now when under light braking - mate says its something to do with lack of copper grease 'somewhere' i cant remember where... total noob when it comes to stuff like this :whistle:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
it's the pads moving about a bit. Not a serious problem, if you remove the pads and put a decent size dollop of copper grease on them it might go away.

If you're worried about the noise or it gets worse best to get it checked over thoguh.

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
ahh sounds less serious then.. maybe i'll get my dad to take a look, wasnt sure which parts u were supposed to put grease on, wouldnt it cause problems with stopping ??:lol:

Triple D

sorry to hijak the thread, but its kinda the same topic.minxycov is having problems with her rear brakes again making a noise whilst going around corners. SH etook me out in it over the weekend and it sounds as if the pads are constantly catching or something like that, anyone any ideas?

rob1

IBIZA TDI CUPRA
Sep 14, 2004
WALES
yer its werid how its making that noise, i havent tried slamming them on yet to see if the pedal still jumps to let me know if im skidding yet....:whistle:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.