If I remove battery what needs reset?

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
If I remove the battery I know the computer and radio get reset (I have radio code), but does the immobiliser system also get reset, i.e will I need keys and car reprogrammed? Or should keys still work?

Not planning to remove battery, but just wondered what would happen if I did. I don't have the code for the keys, so of I loose keys car will need reprogrammed.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If you have electric windows then you will have to "teach" them where their upper and lower positions are, also if you have a petrol engine you might need to leave the ignition on for a few minutes to let the throttle body "do its thing". The central locking will not need any prompting - but you might need to resync the individual keys with the car as they have rolling codes. On VWs you don't even need the radio code if the radio has be registered with the car - it recognises its own radio.

Mar 8, 2007
I found my car felt quicker after disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes then going for a drive.

Apparantly it "re-learns" settings.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
This will just be the throttle adaption - it will feel "different" until the car re-learns - whether it's faster or not is a bone of contention

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea the ECU adapts to your driving, but it will eventually adapt back to how you drove before anyway

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise