IHI POWER!! Booked in at Jabba

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
suppose your right! maybe i am worrying and i didnt have any doubts about it till i read some feedback maybe i shouldnt read them :lol: cheers again

Songman

Aug 10, 2003
Ayrshire
Visit site
suppose your right! maybe i am worrying and i didnt have any doubts about it till i read some feedback maybe i shouldnt read them :lol: cheers again

I have no doubts that you are doing the right thing - stay cool, be advised by JBS.

Your Beeza will be plenty fast enough for you, believe me!! - you must take time and take care, and learn to drive it properly - it takes a lot of practice and a whole lot of skill to get the best out of these BT cars - you can easily end up looking like a wally and going through the hedge.:cry:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
cheers for the advise mate and i will definatly be taking it easy last thing i want is my car to end up in a pile of scrap!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
not very good feedback on the IHI (sorry to keep banging on!) but have i spent 5k on a mickey mouse turbo?

Nope its not a micky mouse turbo at all.
If you have been reading and understanding the posts you will be hearing the message of keep the levels sensible and the things run fine.

Want more, get the speed bug bad, and turn it up, and then you eat into the margins of reliability.

If you get a real 320bhp when done, in an ibiza it will be a rocket ship with performance like you wont believe is possible from your car. Trust me.. you will have big smiles.

Understanding the failure mechanisms of these things in a long way to avoiding failures. CC will map for lower EGT's, and typically run them richer than I saw my own JS mapped car. Maybe not best for LBT but better for longeveity especially on IHI exhaust housings.

Probably the best my motor ever ran, and performance times for it were when it was first originally done, with 320bhp. 1.2bar, happy as larry and ragged rotten. I wanted more, had it turned up, and consumed several IHI bits and pieces from there on in until I changed for a completely new setup of my own making.

Enjoy :D

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
Bill, what torque (and when) were you peaking at 1.2bar? I'm considering no more than 1.4, but maybe 1.2 would be enough....

Raf

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
Does any one know what the small end pin size is on my con rods. I know it was mentioned a while back in this thread and i am assuming they are 20mm. But could anyone clarify this as some are saying 19mm and some 20mm. The engine code is BAM.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
Nope its not a micky mouse turbo at all.
If you have been reading and understanding the posts you will be hearing the message of keep the levels sensible and the things run fine.

Want more, get the speed bug bad, and turn it up, and then you eat into the margins of reliability.

If you get a real 320bhp when done, in an ibiza it will be a rocket ship with performance like you wont believe is possible from your car. Trust me.. you will have big smiles.

Understanding the failure mechanisms of these things in a long way to avoiding failures. CC will map for lower EGT's, and typically run them richer than I saw my own JS mapped car. Maybe not best for LBT but better for longeveity especially on IHI exhaust housings.

Probably the best my motor ever ran, and performance times for it were when it was first originally done, with 320bhp. 1.2bar, happy as larry and ragged rotten. I wanted more, had it turned up, and consumed several IHI bits and pieces from there on in until I changed for a completely new setup of my own making.

Enjoy :D

cheers for all the advise peeps il get it running reliably first as im sure it will keep me occupied im sure my car is in safe hands at jbs :D

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Does any one know what the small end pin size is on my con rods. I know it was mentioned a while back in this thread and i am assuming they are 20mm. But could anyone clarify this as some are saying 19mm and some 20mm. The engine code is BAM.

20mm mate:)

Older 1.8T engines are 19mm

Yumman has the part numbers for both AMK/BAM engines and it shows 20mm pins. Give him a pm just to confirm:)

Songman

Aug 10, 2003
Ayrshire
Visit site

My BAM engine had 20mm pins, aidy.:)

Songman

Aug 10, 2003
Ayrshire
Visit site
I hope my BAM has 20mm as I have the rods ready to go in

The engine code stamped on my my 225 LCR is BAM

I am now holding in my hand the VAG con rod which was removed from my BAM coded engine when I had Pauter rods fitted back in Dec 2005

I am now taking my vernier callipers and measuring the internal diameter of the small end bush

The average of 4 measurements is 19.998mm

GOLF GTTi

Mar 20, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
Weird...... :shrug: There has been a few posts on the TT forum and it seem that the 225 BAM engine fitted to them have 19mm small ends...... doesn't make much sense! :confused:
Don't care as mine has an APX with 20mm pins! :cartman:

aidy.t

IHI'd LCR
Nov 19, 2006
Huntingdon,Cambs
Been told now by several people inc Bob Quindazzi (QED), Jabba, that the BAM has 20mm small end pin. Its put my mind at rest and i can now order my rods. Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
Been told now by several people inc Bob Quindazzi (QED), Jabba, that the BAM has 20mm small end pin. Its put my mind at rest and i can now order my rods. Thanks everyone! :thumbup:

Scats? did you order from bob?

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
i have scat. 10s of users on the 1.8T forum are using them, there was a post a while back and every one with them have never had a problem.

they are very cheap and good quality.

i wouldnt bother with the extra for pauter! we are running such little power to have to rely on pauter

and yes bob is great! very well know on vortex! order from him he is one of the cheapest i have found.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.