IHI twin scroll build, Mani finished at last! New problems to sort.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Whens it goin mass market bill?

whenever the flipping things turns up, its been jigged to replicate as req'd @ a faster pace.
I need to confirm its fitment is ok and as planned (based on my very successful Primary Designs manifold), so once its got here I can do that and say yes!

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
Right people i have a little progress to report the mani is now all tacked up and ready to trial fit to the car, all the runner are within 10mm equal lenght to each other, which considering this was not designed on a CAD system (its 100% hand made) i dont think thats to bad.
Anyway what you all think,
IMG00002-20090223-1442.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00004-20090223-1443.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00005-20090223-1443.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00007-20090223-1444.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG00001-20090223-1441.jpg
[/IMG]

Unfortunatly they are only shot off a phone so quality is not that good.
We are not 100% sure if it will clear the rear engin mount but we think it will comparing it to all the mesurments taken before the fab up started, but if it dont fit as its only tacked its a very simple job to change it around until it do fit.

So there it is, if it fits it will be fully welded and ready to fit and get the DP fabed up, and the best bit is so far it only stands me at £150.

Any feed back welcome positive or negative its all constuctive in the long run.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
if the runners wont clear the rear engine mount, how do you rate the downpipes chance of pass there?

its close as... as I know very well

which runners have you joined to feed each side of the scroll. I cant make it out from the pictures

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
which runners have you joined to feed each side of the scroll. I cant make it out from the pictures

I was just sat trying to work that out!

the wrong ones.

Don't say that, after all that work (although better now than when it's all fitted). 1-3-4-2 isn't it? 1&4 look to go together then 2&3, I'd be interested to know what's correct, if that's not (I don't know anything, just interested).

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
right i've been looking really closely and i think it actually right.Assuming the same as a evo 1-4 together, 2-3 together.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
if the runners wont clear the rear engine mount, how do you rate the downpipes chance of pass there?

its close as... as I know very well

Hi Bill, it will be tight i would think like i said not trial fitted so it may fit with some space around it or it may hit, have taken a risk with this building it off the car as i did not want the car off the road for a long period of time. So i guess i'll just have to try it and see the only plus side is that i can change this as many times as i need to and it free of charge so i will get it right eventually.
In your opinion does it look ok in genral?

right i've been looking really closely and i think it actually right.Assuming the same as a evo 1-4 together, 2-3 together.

Hi ryan, yes thats what i have got 1-4 together and 2-3 together, it's my understanding that this is the correct set up for this turbo on this engine but i may be incorrect?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members