ill fitting driver's door on my Leon.

jogo78

On my Leon the drivers door doesn't seem to fit properly. When its shut, from the outside you can see that the window half is slightly out of line and sticks out a little bit but the bottom half is perfect. This causes quite a bit of wind noise when traveling at speed as you can imagine, it doesn't leak water though thank god.

anyone got any sugestions, is it a case of simply finding a way to brute force/bend the top half back in place or are there some more technical adjustments i could do?

I have checked the forums and couldn't find anything similar to this..

jogo78

Good idea i'll have a look at the hinges at lunch, but it seems strange that its only the top half of the door thats not right. I could adjust the lock bracket to pull it in more but that would affect the bottom half as well.

thanks for the suggestions

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Does't the catch have tapered bolts and only fit in 1 place? or is it adjustable?

I can't remember to be honest its been ages since I last worked on a leon

If there is no adjustment you can [despite what people will tell you] put the window down and give the door a little 'tweak' to bring it in a bit ;):D

jogo78

It is slightly adjustable I believe but i'm not convinced it wouldn't pull the bottom in too much so i'm thinking of doing the 'tweak' option.. fingers crossed i don't knacker it up!!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Get another person to help you mate, don't give it to much as its easier than it looks to move.

If you can't get any help put a rubber block [like a sanding block] over the catch on the pillar so the door rests agains that and give it a little persuasion

jogo78

Good idea.. I'm not going to rush it so i'll get my bro to give me hand tonight.. he's an aerospace engineer so he should know what he's doing with tolerances of metal etc.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise