Important bumper upgrade news

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Ive just bought a rear Cupra/FR facelift bumper and based on what i read on here puchased the rear bumper and lower spoiler .The rear bumper actualy comes with the rear spoiler and now i face a hard battle trying to get my £60 back for the item.So to those who are going down this road make sure you check this as my local dealer didnt even point the issue out and now he's saying they were specialy orderd!
Also the lower fog light grills have gone up from around £5 each to about £20 !!!! Alot of wonga for what they are. Anyway just wanted every body to know.
Laters the foz

Aimez

Can you post up part numbers of what bits we DO need as yes most dealer won't have this bumper laying about and as you say you can't just give it back.

Flog it on here, someone may buy it off you if they can persuade their dealer to not order it for them.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i posted this up when i upgraded my rear bumper as i bought the valance also, luckily my bro works for seat so i got a refund but yeah the rear bumper already has the valance plastic welded onto it

Aimez

So what part numbers do we give the dealer, I have S6LL807417AGRU, S6L5945106 reflector, S6L5945105 reflector, SN0139755 screw & S6LL80752719Y spolier?

No offence but this thread is useless without part numbers and the same mistake can easily be made again.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Sorry for the delay ,You need the following for the rear Cupra/FR Rear bumper and reflectors.
6LL807417AGRU = REAR BUMPER INCLUDING SPOILER £169.48 INC VAT
6L5945106 & 6L5945105 FOR THE REFLECTORS. £3.92 EACH INC VAT

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Yes it came primed and the lower spoiler part was the correct grey as were the reflector rurrounds.Im not shelling out for the front top grey grills though .At nealy £40 for the pair im going to stick my current black honey combe ones in I did buy the lower front grey ones and they have gone up as well .Both fog light ones are around £20 each where they used to be £10 for the pair!!.I recon as the centre grill is black the top ones each side will look ok black to.What do you recon?

Aimez

Sounds good then thanks for this or I'd have been stuck with the bits as well! I should get a reasonable price from a bodyshop ironically called bumpers fro the spraying as my work use them all the time.

I take you are on about the front bumper as well here, dunno, I got a facelift one with all grills, painted and delivered for £111 from motors sin motion on ebay not paying dealer prices. But cannot find any cupra rear bumpers for sale on the bay so will have to be ripped of the stealer! I just took for honey comb top grills for my old bumper and put them on the new one.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
I also got a front bumper in dark grey from them with the grills but as they are black ive bought the bottom 3 correct FR ones with the larger honey combs but the top 2 im just going to keep black .I cant remember if my top 2 that came on the bumper were slatted or honeycombe as the bodyshop have had it scince it turned up ,but i'll sell both my front and rear pre face lift FR ones and the 3 black bottom face lift grills to try and get some money back ,towards the next job.

Aimez

you were lucky TPS wouldn't do this I'm sure as they were really not keen on ordering anything I go in for as they normally do it on car reg so if it's wrong it's their fault but I am always getting parts for different models, they must think I am a strange girl and they do stare at my car!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.