Induction kit for Cupra mk4

Cuprasi

I have an 07,plate cupra 1.8 20vt and was looking at an induction kit is it worth spending the extra money on a K&N, pipercross filter etc or just go for a universal ones like they sell in Halfords??:confused:

Cuprasi

Ill be getting the one from Halfords then ill get it on Friday an let you no how i get on

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
Yeah get the halfords one matey, fitted mine about two weeks ago, Damo and a few other recommended it and i gotta say its really good. I paid about £40 for the cone filter and a breather filter which i think is an absolute bargain.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Anyone RR'd before and after with an open cone filter on Ibiza's? Virtually every modern car I've seen that comes with sealed induction suffers from reduced BHP/heatsoak/erratic power curves with these things on...would be interested to see how the turbo's cars perform with them.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You wont get any heat soak as long as you have a fmic.

My intake temps are realy low (as low as 8'C when its a cool rainy night) as the Seat Sport fmic is so efficient. Even just cruising on the motorway on a hot day it still sits <30'C.

Remember that turbo cars are always hot.

I've been on 3 different rolling roads with it on mine and all have been s very smooth graph.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise