Infotainment System Issues

Jan 9, 2023
Hello

Is there an expert here that knows how the infotainment system works fully?

I am having a few issues with it on car bought in December

Jan 9, 2023
Okay, here is one. Music on memory stick, plugged in using USBc adapter, plays changing tracks manually, but only show about 6 tracks using button that did show all tracks that you could scroll through. Not sure what has happened as it did show all of them. Also, when plugged back into PC, it has to run error checking utility before PC can read them!

Jan 9, 2023
Probably an option on the infotainment unit to eject the memory stick else it scrambles the lookup table. Mind you can't find it mentioned in the manual not to say it isn't on the screens thou.
Hello
There is no eject button as far as I can see. No problem with any other car I've had. But why dont all tracks show up when you press selection button, they are there if you manually go through them, but just dont show using selection button

Tell

Staff member
Hello
There is no eject button as far as I can see. No problem with any other car I've had. But why dont all tracks show up when you press selection button, they are there if you manually go through them, but just dont show using selection button
Well the mib3 software is pretty buggy. The Leon 4 and Formentor people have the most experience with it since more of those models are sold. They might have an answer over there. I'm on trusty mib2.

On software Leon 4s and Formentors have the double dose of the MQB Evo software + mib3, whilst the Atecas just have mib3 issues. They are lucky.

There are infotainment firmware updates so if it's a known issue it may have been fixed. This is where I call up @East Yorkshire Retrofits on the conversation to see whether they have any knowledge of the issue. They can look up your VIN thru a PM and compare with the latest firmware available but also your dealer can. On the MQB Evo cars it's like a pack of cards only specific firmware works with other software in the car. Not good to pull cards if you don't know what you are doing. Don't thing the Ateca is so fussy about firmware updates given it's just got mib3 grafted onto the FL ones.

Which release of the infotainment firmware are you on. Picture of that screen is a starting point to see whether it's specific to that. Known bug etc.

Jan 9, 2023
system info.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Here is latest version, says update, but I cannot find how to update it?
Reckon it is up-to-date. Been having a conversation on this thread. 23.1 was cìted as the latest you got 23.2... e.g.. Feb 2023. One month on.

Reckon the button just says update but probably doesn't say "nothing to update". ?

With connected services it should be automatic... if we are not at cross purposes. Think you wanting maps beyond 23.2 ?. Which I doubt you'd get 23.3 till April. Bow out of firmware discussion on mib3.

That link above going in at that point, above and below we substantiate that if connect services do run out since you don't want to re-subscribe you can update the maps like mib2 high, twice a year. It had been said you can't on a Seat mib3 but you can. Really an option for those that don't want connect service but want the maps updated, even if using Google maps people find in an emergency, having the in car maps useful e.g.. phone breaks, foreign country etc.

Jan 9, 2023
Reckon it is up-to-date. Been having a conversation on this thread. 23.1 was cìted as the latest you got 23.2... e.g.. Feb 2023. One month on.

Reckon the button just says update but probably doesn't say "nothing to update". ?

With connected services it should be automatic... if we are not at cross purposes. Think you wanting maps beyond 23.2 ?. Which I doubt you'd get 23.3 till April. Bow out of firmware discussion on mib3.

That link above going in at that point, above and below we substantiate that if connect services do run out since you don't want to re-subscribe you can update the maps like mib2 high, twice a year. It had been said you can't on a Seat mib3 but you can. Really an option for those that don't want connect service but want the maps updated, even if using Google maps people find in an emergency, having the in car maps useful e.g.. phone breaks, foreign country etc.
Okay, thank you. Was hoping some new update to cure restarting issues, media stick issues etc.

Tell

Staff member
Okay, thank you. Was hoping some new update to cure restarting issues, media stick issues etc.
It's your firmware code 0809 which is the release you are on, so the question whether that's the latest, bugs on it etc. Reckon I've seen that release on Arona in conversations. Leon and Formentors have a different code.

On your USB you might need to power the unit off by hand. Leave it 25 minutes then pull it out. The systems in Vag cars traditionally stay live for 20 minutes after power off although some element of being live for connect services services is there. Might drop power to the USB after that 20 minutes. Once asleep it will stay asleep even if you open the car door. e.g.. walk off for 25 minutes with the unit manually turned off, return and pull out the USB. Worth a try !.

(Trick I use on the mib2 high backend update but I defeat the sleep by opening the door and don't have the unit turned off)

Jan 9, 2023
Thanks for your advices.
Found out how to actually see whats on memory stick, but it doesnt keep this view when started up again which is annoying.

However, thought I could grin and bear this, but last night suddenly went into cycle of shutting down, restarting continuously for some unknown reason!

What a complete pain this all is!!

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
Hello

Is there an expert here that knows how the infotainment system works fully?

I am having a few issues with it on car bought in December
Sorry to tell you, but the New Seat has a known issue with the Infotainment software. There is also the issue of universal touchscreen which Seat acknowledge was a mistake and it has proved unpopular. Look for Climate control buttons on new versions. The infotainment system misfires - SOS go to a workshop seems to be the most common, Others are 'Stay in Lane' 'Exceeding Speed Limit' 'How may I help you?' The Radio switches itself off, the auxiliary heating comes on, the Sat Nav goes blank, etc - Take it back there is a three-hour software up recall going on at the moment which Seat (presumably) thinks will fix it. Seat Customer care and communication on this have been poor.

Tell

Staff member
Sorry to tell you, but the New Seat has a known issue with the Infotainment software. There is also the issue of universal touchscreen which Seat acknowledge was a mistake and it has proved unpopular. Look for Climate control buttons on new versions. The infotainment system misfires - SOS go to a workshop seems to be the most common, Others are 'Stay in Lane' 'Exceeding Speed Limit' 'How may I help you?' The Radio switches itself off, the auxiliary heating comes on, the Sat Nav goes blank, etc - Take it back there is a three-hour software up recall going on at the moment which Seat (presumably) thinks will fix it. Seat Customer care and communication on this have been poor.
There is a peak at mib4 I think in the video here with temperature setting more easily found:

I'm waiting for mib5. There is a 5 year cycle of each mib apart 2.5 that brought in connect services to non Seats. So you aren't going to see any change in the menu handling till circa 2025.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.