Intercooler fitting help!

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
cable ties will not hold intercooler pipe due to pressure, if its wweak stick 2 clamps instead of 1.

tommy2008cupra

no not to hold the pipe toghther :rolleyes: to hold the ali pipe under the car, the long one just incase it does come off

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
I will be doing the same to the end of my pipes tonight.

I have received 10 T bolt boost hose clamps today so they should do the trick.

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
I'd buy a new piece of pipe and run it like the laguna fmic. The pipework underneath that engine mount sits far too low.

This is how i had mine first installed. The pipework now runs parrallel behind the intercooler alot further away from the ground.
IMG_0216.jpg

lm_gauci...do you run yours like the Laguna now then?

What pipe did you need? was it just a 90 degree hose?

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
so im not the only one with probs fitted mine bout 2 months ago constantly blowing off!! had to have all my pipes remade in stainless with flanges on to prevent the blow offs. also had to have the one underneath bent to avoid the mount try to up load some pics soon. h do the jubilees up with 7 mm rench quite tight shuld leak or blow off then ;)

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
I have cut about 5 lines in the end of each pipe and then bent them outwards creating a flare now. Also ruffed up the ends of the pipe with a metal file. Bought some strong T bolt clamps aswell so hopefully shouldn't have any hoses pop off. i hope :)

I'm going to buy a 3" samco coupling hose and a hose joiner so i can make this red pipe up reach properly.
DSC01265Small.jpg

Then buy another 90 degree bend and attatch that to the red hose before the ali pipe to have the pipe running level behind the cooler like the Laguna. Hope it works.

Last edited:

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
Well i have fitted mine now. I got another 90 degree bend and a 3 inch coupler. The pipes are the same as the laguna set up.

JamiesCupra031.jpg

Couldnt get it dead central though. As you can see. I'm happy enough how it is though.

JamiesCupra008.jpg

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
:think:

I quite like that it brings the piping up higer aswell may have to do this when i do mine...

Hows it feel with it fitted now you tested it yet.?

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
yeah i recomend to add the extra hoses if your buying this kit.

only went out for a quick spin but it feels like it pulls a little bit harder.

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
You may need a 3" long coupler hose aswell. i needed it.
I bought 2 joiners so i didnt have to use that small pipe that comes with the kit.

Thats the same clamps i have got. I only got 10 but when you add the extra pipes you will need a few more. I have doubled up the normal Jubilee in a couple of places instead.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
ive got some other high torque clamps that i got holding my maf and filter etc so will just swap round the ones in the kit with them ones...and ive got a 4" joiner so enough to play with...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.