Interior Chrome door handle

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
will do once i get her to get the material! should be easy enough with some heat and some strong glue,

oh and some patients

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
no probs i dont mind that. always up for a challenge. plus she just told me the price of the proper s**t so i think i might just take a look in some fabric places and see what they got. ake leather prehaps

nanio

Sorry but I still don`t understand how to remove the door handles :confused: What does "door card" mean? Is there any chance to remove door handles WITHOUT removing the whole door plastics?

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Sorry but I still don`t understand how to remove the door handles :confused: What does "door card" mean? Is there any chance to remove door handles WITHOUT removing the whole door plastics?

the 'door card' is the bit peice of trim on the inside of your door to make it look all pretty.

unfortunalty you do have to remove this to get to anything behind or inside the door, dont worry its not difficult

nanio

adam1.4biza thank you for the explainaiton! I`ll be grateful if you tell me how to remove the door card. A have done this to my previous cars (Opel or Vauxhall) and the result was bad. All the pins/clips broke while i`was removign the door card. Anfter this operation the door start to squise and make strage noises. I don`t want to do this to my car. Please explain how to remove it without braking the pins/clips. I think that tere is way to make this operation correct.

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
adam1.4biza thank you for the explainaiton! I`ll be grateful if you tell me how to remove the door card. A have done this to my previous cars (Opel or Vauxhall) and the result was bad. All the pins/clips broke while i`was removign the door card. Anfter this operation the door start to squise and make strage noises. I don`t want to do this to my car. Please explain how to remove it without braking the pins/clips. I think that tere is way to make this operation correct.

right ok.. best way to describe this is bullet points to keep it simple.

1) remove the trim around the mirror control switch (pry it away from the door carefully with your fingers.
2) carefully pull the grab handle upwards to remove.. disconnect all switches and label (i penciled numbers on them;))
3) there will be 2 large screws that hold the door card on to ther door. undo these (brass colour)
4) next remove the lock unlock thing (door lock pin) by the rear of the door.
5) start at the top of the door by the window and pull towards you. this should be quite stiff but be gentile. once one clip has popped off, you can slowly work your way around the door popping off the other clips that hold the door in place.
6)once the door card is off it will be hanging on by the door handle cable, its pretty obvious how to disconnect it.
7) looking at the back of the door card once removed you will see a long brass pin holding the handle in place, slowly nudge it down (only way it can go) untill the pin is free from the handle

i take no responsability for any damage that you may cause to yourself or the car. what i have written above is a guideline and if not confident your should seek professional help.
i have taken my door cards off millions of times using the above steps but i am an able mechanic / engineer

nanio

adam1.4biza thank you thank you thank you :funk:
This was the best guideline i have ever read. I`ll try after couple of days.

nanio

I think that i should not post new topic, so i`ll ask here. It seems that i`ll have to take off the door card, so I want to change the speaker. My speaker is damaged, when it comes to Bass it is not making the right noise. I don`t know what`s the english word for this effect. Could you tell mi how big the speaker is?

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
I think that i should not post new topic, so i`ll ask here. It seems that i`ll have to take off the door card, so I want to change the speaker. My speaker is damaged, when it comes to Bass it is not making the right noise. I don`t know what`s the english word for this effect. Could you tell mi how big the speaker is?

yep no problem mate. do you mean your speaker is distorting ? or that the seal around the edge of the woofer cone has been damaged.
anyway for new speakers you will need the following:

first off you will need new speaker pods.
you want something like THIS

then for speakers you probably want 165mm speakers as they fit like a glove
i purchased a set of THESE i know they are not the best speakers in the world but they do the job perfectly for me and they sound much much better than the standard speakers.

nanio

Hi it was importat to me how big are the spekers - 6.5". My left speaker does not have bass. I mean when it should play song with a lot of bass it just not sound right. It is jingling, seems that the rubber part is broken. But the right speaker is perfekt. It seems that the previus owner had listened music very loud :)

Sorry for my English, i have forgoten it. Our Seat forum in Bulgaria is very little and empty. I doubt somebody to know Bulgarian but.. http://seat-bg.com/index.php this is our forum. We have only 35534 opinions and 2770 users.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Hi it was importat to me how big are the spekers - 6.5". My left speaker does not have bass. I men when it should play song with a lot of bass it just not sound right. But the right speaker is perfekt. It seems that the previus owner had listened music very loud :)

Sorry for my English, i have forgoten it. Our Seat forum in Bulgaria is very little and empty. I doubt somebody to know Bulgarian but.. http://seat-bg.com/index.php this is our forum. We have only 35534 opinions and 2770 users.

no problem about the language barrier, we can make do :D.

yea the speaker size is 6.5" or 165mm.
the reason the speakers are this size is because if you want to remove your current speakers and put new ones in the speaker holders (from a link in my previous post) will only hold up to a certain size and that is 6.5"

i guess the previous owner of your car may have 'blown' the speaker if the sound if not right. if this speaker is damaged you will need to replace it.

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Hi again, i checked for speakers and found this Blapunkt BGx 663 ( http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7606443000_main.asp ) . Will it fit witout problems. My prevos car was Fiat Bravo and the front speakers were with the form of egg, not circuit. And yes the right word for my speaker is "blown"! :)

yes they would fit mate but you dont those type of speakers.. the ones you listed above are called coaxial speakers. the ones you want are called component speakers.

this is a coaxial:
7606443000_20197_LO.JPG

this is a component:
polk_f01.jpg

the reason why you want to buy component speakers is because there is a tweeter pod at the top of the door card. you may aswell use it and replace the standard tweeter as they are rubbish.

nanio

I`m in a complete mess. What does tweeter pod means. I tryed to translete but nothing. You are right this is colaxial speakers, but they are at very good price. Component spekaers are three times expensive. The cost is not a problem for me, but i see that component spekaer have some things in the packadge which i don`t know how to use. I also found Hertz DCX 165 which should be bass speakers, instead of Blapunkt three line spekeakers. Will this Hertz speakers do the job? What would you reccoment Balpunkt or Hertz model.

Admins and mods, sorry for making this topic complete mess:doh:

Edit: I found component speakers system HERTZ DSK 165 - will this be a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
I`m in a complete mess. What does tweeter pod means. I tryed to translete but nothing. You are right this is colaxial speakers, but they are at very good price. Component spekaers are three times expensive. The cost is not a problem for me, but i see that component spekaer have some things in the packadge which i don`t know how to use. I also found Hertz DCX 165 which should be bass speakers, instead of Blapunkt three line spekeakers. Will this Hertz speakers do the job? What would you reccoment Balpunkt or Hertz model.

Admins and mods, sorry for making this topic complete mess:doh:

dont worry :)

well the best way to explain is. when you are sitting in the drivers seat, if you look at your door, you have the grab handle with the window switches on and the door handle.

if you look above these you will come to the lip between the door card and the window. now look towards the front windcreen and you come accross a black peice of plastic that i think is black, this will have a slight mesh accross it. inside this peice of plastic is something called a tweeter. the tweeter only emmits higher frequencies.

the other bit that comes with the kit is called a crossover, this unit divides the input signal in to high and low frequencies. you connect the woofer and the tweeter to this crossover and it will only send mid / bass frequencies to the woofer and only send high frequencies to the tweeter.

basically gives you a much clearer sound.

do you have MSN or something as if you need more help im more than happy to give you all the information you need.

also from your speaker choice, yes they are ok but are a bit cheap as they are make out of paper.

nanio

Absolutely understand what component mean. I`ll look for component system. Here in Bulgaria the situation is very interesting. The goods are either very cheap or very expensive. So HERTZ is the best choice. It costs about 30 pounds (i don`t know how to write you initial for pound)

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
blimey that is cheap! over here that place i looked at was asking £75 !

so yea they should do fine.

do you understand what i mean about the position of the tweeter in relation to the woofer now ?

nanio

Yes adam, I understadn everytjhing. Also i called to a friend and he explains me the same thing but in Bulgarian :). Here prices are in LEVA and this costs 109LEVA. 1LEV=3POUNDS :)
It is not on the topic but i Bought my Ibiza 3 2002year TDI 110ps. for 2000Pounds :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.