iPOD connector for Leon 2006?

Xe

Hi all,

I am wanting to connect a iPOD 30Gb (5th Generation), to my Leon 2006, which has the bog standard CD/Radio (not mp3 version).

So I was looking at the Seat.co.uk --> Accessories --> LEON 2006 --> In Car Entertainment -- >iPod Interface Lead. They have 2 choices:

Blaupunkt Aftermarket iPod Connector
and
Ice>Link Quadlock Audio Connector

First question which is better, do they have they same functions? Secondly where are they installed? As I would like it to be as decrete as possible, what are the options here?

Xe

Also would I be able to install this myself? I was told by someone at Seat that it might be connected to where the CD changer would go ie. under the passenger seat? But after reading a few post on here I think it might be connected directly to the back of the CD player/radio, which would mean opening the central console.

Can anyone explain how its done?

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xe

*UPDATE* Ok I spoke to my local Seat dealer, and spoke to one of the poeple that fits parts to the cars, and he said that the default bog standard CD player (not the mp3 version) in the Leon 2006, is not capable of being connected up, with one of these iPod connector cables.

Can anyone confirm this??

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
This is something I am looking at fitting myself (2006 MY Leon). I am sure that the Ipod connector is compatible with the non mp3 head unit. Am pretty sure that it uses the quadlok version, but someone on here will no doubt be able to confirm this.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Is there and after market connector, as iam sure they were £90 from seat or something, sure the dealer said u can?? for cheaper

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.