iPod - Connects2 kit - Plugs in at the boot?

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
the 7.50 one?...

1. doesnt control through headunit - only through the mp3 player controls
2. Doesnt look like there is a live on it that you need to connect seperately - looks to be ajust set of red/black phono cables...

would require plugging in the blue thing, getting a male phono lead to 3.5mm headphone jack...(few quid)

if you want ipod controls thru radio - get the xcarlink id expect??

Last edited:

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
ahh lol bonus for you, well! i dont have an ipod so didnt notice that :D

your live could be fed left down through the little hole and up to the battery..Or pair it off from the live to the radio...
and the black earth, just to the center screw on the back of the radio...

although - im not sure it that'll work thru the main headunit controls...

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
hehe thats pretty cool.. although its a bright yellow - would this fit in the blue slot ??.. I dunno, would be only one way to find out! give us feedback..

all of the cheaper accesories u cant use the headunit.. u would always be able 2 use thru the ipod!!! (i dont know if this is a downside or not!)
and the fact it charges, thats pretty cool...

and yea, caraudio security is good :) got my amp from there

T_higgs89

Need more POWER!!!
Feb 2, 2009
Wirksworth
well thinking about it the blue cable would be input as it plays from the Cd changer or ipod and the yellow would be an output as it goes to female preout's so that you can connect amps and subs to?

so hopefully with a bit of luck they are different slots on the back and i can have both :D

mitch0717

ok fella's i have the cheap £7.50 cable that goes in the cd slot in the back of my head unit, but it has a purple wire with it? what do i do with it?

cheers
mitch

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
I would assume you earth it..

Attach it to the center thing behind the headunit (under the rubber... I think this is an appropriate earth, I myself haven't used it but others have....)

Last edited:

mitch0717

just gave that a try and it didnt work, it just made the head unit control Fu*k up,

has any got a guide to show how it work's or a step by step guide?

cheers

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
Hmm... Right, well what else would that cable be?... Call CarAudioSecurity and ask - they should be able to tell you.. If it is an earth - then your gunna have to find somewhere else to put it to..I put mine through to under the bonnet...

And someone called Bowen did this i believe - as he emailed me about how to install, Im not sure if he has done it yet though..

mitch0717

i've been waiting 3 weeks for this cable to come as well, if i have to find another place to wire it then i'l have to buy cable becuase its only 6/7cm long.

i may post some pictures, might help a little?

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
pretty sure thats an earth then.. pop down halfords - and ask them for some advice with regards to extending the cable.. you'd only need cheap stuff to extend it.. even spare speaker cable would do the job (i guess, aslong as its a tight connection - taped(possibly soldered) well and wont come apart!)

post pics indeed but i think u need some more posts :)

As well: You can tell its the earth because: say you leave if dangling, and u have the radio on and u click the cd changer button on the headunit, it should just flash up 'cd changer' and continue playing the radio, it u touched it to the top of the headunit (dont do this when its all turned on offcourse) and wen i say top on the headunit, i mean the big silver metal box thing, and then turn it on, click cd changer, it should come up with a timer so to speak... and if musics playin - it'll be heard..

Last edited:

mitch0717

oh right :) well i shall get down halfords in a little bit, i will give it a go and see if i can get it to play music at all :)

cheers bud

mitch0717

well they were as much help as i thought the'd be,

they said it could be a grounding wire, but it could be a power wire in which case i should run a power wire from my cigar light.... im not good with eletric and wouldn't know how to do this

Kris.T12

Ive got the £7.50 cable aswell, with the same purple cable. I thought it might be the power cable, but if it is, could i not just pull the power cable out of the blue plug it'll be replacing in the back of the head unit?

roloking1806

Apr 11, 2009
Surrey and Huddersfield
Ok... a power... Wouldnt have thought it needs a power as its running off the headunit like most other connectors that go through the cd changer.. but assuming so, kris, yea that should work - its aready wired for you (i dunno which is the power though)..

If it works, please post and help out mitch

Kris.T12

Going to have a play about with it today. Im just going to swap all the cables from the old plug to the new one and see what happens.
Ill let you know how it goes

Kris.T12

Right,
Ive had a play about and nothin seemed to work. Went into a local car audio shop and showed them the £7.50 cable. He said for the radio in the ibiza's it'd be no good because it wont "emulate" the signal or something along those lines of the emulate bit. So i dont think that it will work unless anyone else has got any better ideas?
Help please anyone?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.