IS 50mm drop To much????

wierny53

Recently got a mk4 1.4 16v sport DAB. and i am looking it to lower it.
am unsure on how low to go? i am looking at 50mm-50mm?? is that to low? any suggestions?

Cheerz

Apr 27, 2008
50mm is not too low at all, i would be looking to go abit lower 60mm-70mm. iv got the same car as you and bin looking to get some AP coilovers but my car is still under warranty and if i do get some fitted it would void the warranty. so am going to wait another year till it has ran out and then get some

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
I've got mine 50mm lower and TBH it's needs slamming way more, tho only that puts me off is the fact that you can't change the camber.

The lower you go the more camber you gain, basically you end up rubbing the inner edges off the tyres in next to no time :(

Owl

cheesy quaver
Aug 21, 2008
sheffield
50mm is not too low at all, i would be looking to go abit lower 60mm-70mm. iv got the same car as you and bin looking to get some AP coilovers but my car is still under warranty and if i do get some fitted it would void the warranty. so am going to wait another year till it has ran out and then get some

you'd only void the warranty on suspension items.. and if the dealers are in need of work... they wont batter an eyelid... i know ford didnt when i took my car in which was lowered and bigger wheels on, and it went in for the lower arm bushes replaced lol

another note, i also thought of dropping it 50mm.. although it seems that isnt enough :lol:

im thinking 60 mm at least

Apr 27, 2008
a think am gonig to go in and have a word with me local seat garage see what they have to say

fnc

ive got same car wanted it lowered as well anyone got any links to some good suspension kits or what i'll need to lower it? :}

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise