Is this right.... £35 to get my radio code???

Craigus

Black LCR 225
I just rang the seat dealer and they said they would have to "book" the car in for 30mins for there engineer to look at it, plug it into there computer, to find out the code and charge £35 to do it,

Now is it just me that thinks it wont take 30 mins and the price is abit steep?

If this is true, i will go to my local car audio shop to see if they can get the code

thanks craig

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Ive seen them selling on ebay for less than £30 with the code!

£35 sounds expensive to me.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
sounds like rip-off uk again

you can take stereo headunit out yourself and tell them the serial number to give you the code, and it only takes 5mins if you read through and follow the many guides available.
if they still want to charge, call another as some people here have acquired for free doing this.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
I got mines done for £10 quid, found out the book comes with a card. :doh: Then threw the whole radio in the bin and fitted a DVD instead:D

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
think it says in the manual that the dealer can charge 35 quid.

When i needed mine i took it in to the dealer they looked at it for a few mins still couldn't get me the code to which they took s/n (and maybe other stuff) and faxed it through to SEAT.

All done free of charge

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I had mine done at the dealer paid £15 watched him do it, no equipment and sterio not removed from the car took him 2mins, i think there is a dealer code which they put in to the sterio then they can recode it.

sebasti0n

Nov 6, 2006
Shop around.... I got it done for £15 notes in the end.... phoned about 5 Seat Garages in the end and some did quote up to £30

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
^^ it syas in the manual if you forget it ring up the dealer with the s/n and they will contact seat uk and get the code or something like that. definately not £35 worth of work

lizzard 1

hi i took my leon 4 the same ,and it can take most of the day ,, they have to get the code from the main computer and theres only a few staff working there, but it only cost me £13.50.

arjnoro

Hello I am from Mexico, I got my seat ibiza sport 2003 in Mexico while the model had the first year on the market. I have had nothing but great performance from this car. Anyway , the radio resetted itself after disconnecting the battery. In order to get the code I called the seat dealer in Los Mochis, Mexico which is about 1000 miles from where I live (Pinetop Arizona) where I work. The dealer was very helpful, and informed me that the code is under the ash tray on the console. Surely enough I took the ash tray out and there it was!!! He not only helped me but gave me a couple other places where it could be (glove compartment, or under radio unit). NO CHARGE!!!!!!! Anyway here are the steps. you turn on the radio on with the car off. You don't need the key in the ignition either. Then you wait an hour! precisely!! then the display will turn to 1000 or whatever. then you input your code (mine is 0777) and then you press the scan button and presto!! Notice I did not say to press the TYP button like it says on the manual. Just input the code number and press the SCAN button. I tried like for 2 weeks straight until calling the dealer in Mexico and told me it was under the ash tray. GOOD LUCK

sygee

I simply rang my local SEAT dealer, they asked me for the registration and contacted me a couple of days later with the code. It sounds like your main stealer is trying to fleece you.
I would recommend ringing another dealer as its my understanding that all the radio codes are on a database from being sold new so no need to touch the car. My car is a 52 plate so the code must stay on there for a while if not indefinatley.
A word of advice though if you have recently purchased the car and it was sold to you without the code (like mine was) then there's a possibility that the previous owner has bashed a few codes in to try and sort it, if this is the case then set a day aside to enter the code as I had to have the car running for 6 hours ( saw a lot of the lake district that day) before it would unlock so I could enter the code.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.