It's the little victories that make it all worthwhile....

swissrebel

May 17, 2007
It's ok, cos the Cooper S looks like pretty much like the ugliest car ever - so I regret even mentioning it here :)

swissrebel

May 17, 2007
Who cares? The car's bloated in design - i'd be going fast and feeling embarrassed while doing it :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
you sure about that BCM? the cooper S is lighter by more than 100kg and they did make a 210bhp version!

The Cooper S in standard form is not a match for the LCR. The Coops S Works in 210bhp form is a different matter as, as you said, it's lighter but has similar power.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Very true. There are quite a few Mini's like that, that have been taken away and abused by a tuning house. When you get into that territory you're almost comparing modified to standard though.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I would say you it is just that RobM, if it's not how it's sold on the Mini forecort it's not standard in my eyes.

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Yeah you do need to compare like with like - standard v standard I like to compare. Standard mini cooper S surely no match for the standard LCR?? But then as you say Swiss it's still a cooper at the end of the day.

I would still prefer a leon non cupra or Fr to a mini cooper. Actually I would prefer anything to a mini. Not a fan of them, ever since they doubled the size and still call them 'mini'.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Yeah you do need to compare like with like - standard v standard I like to compare. Standard mini cooper S surely no match for the standard LCR?? But then as you say Swiss it's still a cooper at the end of the day.

I would still prefer a leon non cupra or Fr to a mini cooper. Actually I would prefer anything to a mini. Not a fan of them, ever since they doubled the size and still call them 'mini'.

I believe the amount of space you actually get is still mini :-o

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I have mixed feelings about the Mini. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the original Mini, that's for sure, but as a car in it's own right I think it deserves respect.

I sat in one before buying the LCR, with a view to taking it for a test drive, but the dash is horrible and the interior looks like it's come out of the Early Learning Centre. And the windscreen felt like it was so close, it could have been prescribed by my optition!

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
I had a little blast in my Revo'd AUM Golf (Same engine and K03s as LC). To my supprise he couldn't shake me at all, I did enjoy booting past as he turned off. My Golf looks 100% std, just like any other Mk4 GTI - Nice and stealthy.

I had a Mondeo ST24 follow me whilst overtaking a car on the way to work this morning, he got very close to the back of my car, I continued at my quickish, but not stupid pace with him so close I could count his nostril hairs. Then coming out of a bend I popped it into 3rd and left him behind, he was trying hard, the front of his car lifted right up when I floored it, but he couldn't get near me.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
best one i've had was an Evo8 MR, on the motorway between speeds of 50-130 he couldnt pull or get by me, side by side and even at some points me flashin him out the way! Love it!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.