It's the other little things...

nautix

Aug 28, 2015
With the weather turning wet again and it being a long way from last pay day things can get a bit glum so thought I'd try and spread some happy thoughts on here regarding the MK3 Leon! There's already loads about rattles/Stealers etc...

So what are those little things that really make you smile when driving your car? To get it started some of mine are:

1. Automatic buttons appear/disappear on Nav when you move your hand towards it. Think thats really cool!

2. Being able to have pretty much anything on the Nav Screen and/or the dash screen based on what you fancy- good on long journeys.

3. When the side windows are foggy, you can just put them down and up to clear them. My last 2 cars were useless at this!

All small but really add to fab experience when driving my car.

(Ps Hope you don't mind me stealing title from your thread Mr Pig! )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Looking at it before I get in it.
Getting in it.
Driving it.....with the Seat Sound up and some 70s rock playing on the 32GB SD card. Which I also think is cool.

Alex_280

Dec 31, 2015
I like the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the car, I can just glide along with a pile of torque behind me in comfort mode, enjoying some Spotify through the sound system, sunlight illuminating the cabin through the sunroof...then select Cupra mode and go giant killing!

I'd already started to neglect a lot of the little things in my car until I went car shopping with my mate. People are quick to complain about the quality of the interior of the Leon but its not until you sit in Vauxhall and Ford's competiton, that you realise how good you have it. I was also recently in the back of a brand new top spec Qashqai, and it was like a black hole, they didnt even bother to illuminate the window switches...its the little things ;)

Last edited:

sf04our

Jan 17, 2016
Couldn't agree more - I drove a fully specced out Focus ST3 before deciding on the Cupra and it was one of most boring cars I'd ever sat in - didn't even compare to the Cupra!

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
My current one is an SE with Tech Pack and I can't believe how good the sound system is with it - no upgrades, just the standard one and it's brilliant. I love my Leon so much i'm getting another!

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
Nice positive post, I'm still trying to get to know my cupra but so far I love the sound of it. Not so much the actuator on cupra mode but the natural engine sound.

The noise when driving- it's the growl of the engine and with the rear seats folded the exhaust too. Open the window and Im treated to a hissing noise as the turbo spools up. Not quite as loud as my previous car (megane R26) but still sounds great.

I parked my car in the garage the other day and saw a mop in the corner which meant I could to press the accelerator from a distance while I was near the exhaust. Make s a great noise and popping sound. I'm 33 by the way but you probably guessed that from the above lol.

squidie

Sep 16, 2015
England
For me it’s a lot of things, but mainly the few below:

• The LED headlights and the running lights style.
• The smooth and solid responsive you get from the drive.
• How nice the body kit looks with it’s sporty curves and creases.
• How people look at it when you drive past, especially at zebra crossings when they look back when you drive off.
• The touch screen and tech that comes with it.
• Also the decent amount of power you get from the turbo-charged engines.

Oh and just as andrewpaine said, looking at it before you get in and as you walk off ;)

Last edited:

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
Onto my second one now (first 5dr 1.2 TSI SE and current see sig.)

Things I like from the current one

The biggest little thing for me is that I can still get a similar mpg on the current one despite it being a 1.4 with 45 more horses
The glow of the lights on the doors at night
THe LED headlights are a nice White colour
And the way it can accelerate off roundabouts (not that I am a boy racer...)

And from both of them

They both are really nice to drive long distances
The Simplicity of the controls and quality(ahem despite the od rattle in the old one, none in the new one yet.... )

squidie

Sep 16, 2015
England
Onto my second one now (first 5dr 1.2 TSI SE and current see sig.)

Things I like from the current one

The biggest little thing for me is that I can still get a similar mpg on the current one despite it being a 1.4 with 45 more horses
The glow of the lights on the doors at night
THe LED headlights are a nice White colour
And the way it can accelerate off roundabouts (not that I am a boy racer...)

And from both of them

They both are really nice to drive long distances
The Simplicity of the controls and quality(ahem despite the od rattle in the old one, none in the new one yet.... )

"And the way it can accelerate off roundabouts (not that I am a boy racer...) "

Handy when you accidently pull out in front of the car on the right haha!

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
Love the little orange leds on the inside of the wing mirrors so you can see them from the inside, definitely the little things!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
On my Cupra it's the standard fit DCC, goes from comfy to firm attack mode at the touch of a button.

The underseat storage boxes, that small fold out cupboard to the right of the steering wheel and centre armrest cupboard, I've been in so many cars with hardly any interior storage so it's nice to have plenty.

The embossed "Cupra" on all the seats, they could of just done it on the front seats and it'd be nice but also having it on the rears is a nice touch :D

:cheers:

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
The LED Main Beams that move up and down when you select them, why does this entertain me? I don't know. But they do!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I like the exceptional comfort/handling balance of the chassis (SE). Smooth and quiet around town but taut and firm at speed. I don't know how they do it. One of the guys at work has an FR and even that is not too firm around town.

I'm not as convinced about the styling of the rest of the car (ST) but you've got'a love those wing mirrors! They would look great on a sports car.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The feel and movement of the steering wheel controls are strangely satisfying.

Mmm, don't know about that but the wheel itself is a good size, shape and feel. Best wheel I've had since the Primera GT.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.