I've Crashed My Motor!!!! Noooooo.

swales_p

Cupra NUTTA!!
Nov 2, 2003
Cleveland
Visit site
And it was my fault to :cry:

It happened on a roundabout of all places. I'd just broke up for half term (I'm a teacher) so i was heading home early - no kids in, P.D day so this is around 2ish.

Anyway, i got to the roundabout - no cars at all around bar the one in front, i was looking right to making sure all was good, slowly accelerated, turned my head and BANG!!!!

The woman (not being sexist here it could have been anyone!) had slammed her brakes on in front (NO CARS!!! NO CARS!!! NOT ONE IN SIGHT!!!!) [:@]

So i hit her around 20 mph, her car had a crease in the tailgate approx 6 inches long but that was it. My car looked like id hit a tractor! The front end was ruined!!!:cry:

To top it off the woman was a complete muppet, ranting and raving like nothing ive ever seen! Complaining her back was giving her grief (20 mph i hit her by the way!!!) then to top that off she starts climbing around her car looking for a pen!!! hmmmmmm :confused:

Here's the positive side!!!!

Its a full respray + new front end!!! Kiwi Green motors fade like there's no tomorow

I'll get some pics up asap!!!

f17th

was a 1999 2.0 8v gti
Aug 13, 2006
West Sussex
Unlucky mate,

Sounds like shes in it for the money too,

This sorta thing happened to my Dad a few years back, He went into the back of some old Boy on a roundabout that had decided to stop for no reason,
(Think they do it on pupose to be honest) And he ended up claiming for some serious back injury and cost the insurance company about £30k.

My old man was fuming to say the least when his renewal premium came through.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
The woman (not being sexist here it could have been anyone!) had slammed her brakes on in front (NO CARS!!! NO CARS!!! NOT ONE IN SIGHT!!!!) [:@]

That exact thing has happened to me twice!!!!Didn't hit the person but had to slam on the brakes and had about half an inch gap. Had to drive home and change my underwear . WHY oh WHY do people have to stop on a clear roundabout [:@]

Mig

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
ouch!!! i've done the same into back of someone with my old car a freelander. a lady decided to stop quick on a wet hill to turn right. unfortunately freelander has a tad more weight n didnt quite stop in time hit at like 2mph caught the cars boot and just shattered the plate on the freelander, first thing she said was awww my neck!

swales_p

Cupra NUTTA!!
Nov 2, 2003
Cleveland
Visit site
Your probably wright Andycupra but the way in which she acted didnt really make me want to believe her!

That sounds bad i know but it was my fault and ok she might have a slight injury BUT for her to then sit in the passenger side seat and lean over to the drivers aide + back of the car looking for a pen really did make me think she was taking me for a ride. Adding to that, the way in which she acted was shocking - shouting and dancing around like no tomorow!!!

Am i wrong in saying that cars are designed to crumple on impact at the front!!

Anyway, i do hope she's ok, im not a horrible person! :)

Cheers.