Jabba boost contoller...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
hi peeps!

im having my LCR remapped at Jabba on wednesday! :D

the custom rolling road remap is £475 and i have told them i want the jabba boost controller done as well (which is £199)

thing is, my m8 says i shouldnt bother with the boost controller as it is not worth it and im starting to think he is right!

the reason y i thought i wanted it was because i would be able to unplug it and the car would go back to standardish settings, and also the fact that i could turn the boost down if say its raining or icy etc.

also the novelty factor would be cool... opening up the ash tray and having the boost controller sitting there! (jabba said they could put it there!)

but is it worth £200?!!!

wat u guys think?

tbh i doubt il use the boost controller much, il prob just have it on full boost all the time, as otherwise, wats the point in getting ur car remapped?!

also instead of turning the boost down i could just be more easy on the throttle!

sounds like im talking myself into not having it!

wat u guys think? yes or no?

any other pros or cons?

cheers,

james :)

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
i had one on my rst not sure if its the same kinda thing as i could choose to set different boost levels for different gears ie 8pis max first gear an so so for 1/4 sprints it was great then i could change to road setting hot and have full boost all time was great u get the idea

Songman

Aug 10, 2003
Ayrshire
Visit site
JABBA Boost control

I had the boost controller fitted when Jabba first remapped the KO4 on my LCR - in truth, in KO4 guise, I never used it that much myself on the road ` cause I could always handle the full output of the of the motor - it did come in useful when I could not get Optimax and had to fill up with rubbish, or when I put the car in for service, or when i let my partner drive.

With the IHI fitted things are somewhat different:-o - boost control is really essential for me and for my use, it makes the car in many ways more useable and more fun

I can run around in general use/ poor weather, with the boost turned down[~1.0bar], reducing the demands on tyres/clutch/ gearbox etc - also giving better economy

If I want to play then I can whack up the boost[1.6 bar] and have fun - feels almost like a nitrous shot when you wind it on in real time:D

In all, I really think it is a great idea:funk: In my experience, it works better than APR`s switching using the cruise control, because it is continuously variable, instantly available, simple to use, and yet can still be placed for discrete use, without the hassle of lock out codes etc:)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
is the jabba boost controller basically what would be an aftermarket boost controller made by the likes of greddy and blitz (a fancy digital bleed valve) or is it far more than this?

Would this mod be like useful if i decide to do future engine mods or is it fairly jabbasport specific?

Riddick_m3

Mar 17, 2005
Sudbury, Suffolk
hi james is 475 including V.A.T? kept an eye out for you down southend on saturday couldnt see you though, didnt have my phone with me to ring either doh!

Songman

Aug 10, 2003
Ayrshire
Visit site
J@mes said:
is the jabba boost controller basically what would be an aftermarket boost controller made by the likes of greddy and blitz (a fancy digital bleed valve) or is it far more than this?

Would this mod be like useful if i decide to do future engine mods or is it fairly jabbasport specific?

I`m sure the mod is JABBA specific, but could be wrong - I have no experience of other methods of boost control with the 1.8T - at least with the JABBA control you know it is tailored for specific use with the engine

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you can 'fit' the boost controller to any car. it just taps into the wiring loom & moves the boost between maximum & less

Not sure if it frigs the N75, or actually adjusts the requested boost

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
m0rk said:
you can 'fit' the boost controller to any car. it just taps into the wiring loom & moves the boost between maximum & less

Not sure if it frigs the N75, or actually adjusts the requested boost
Works on N75 m0rk;)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
cheers guys, dont think ill bother in the end with the boost controler

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
i have one and other than for unpluging it for service i never use it.

if it wet and icy i use my right foot to sort the issue.

tbh i probably wouldnt bother what would be handy is something to put it back to stock for service or when ur missus is driving it.

ps james if u want the bc u normally need to tell them in advance as u have to arrive 2 hrs earlier than if ur remapping only

Chaz

I decided to go with the boost controller - mainly because my other half didn't want to drive the car when it was mapped so she turns it down - I also unplug it and take it out when the car goes for a service..

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
alex yea i know about arriving 2 hours earlier as nick told me this... means i can have a lie in now!

as for unplugging it when it goes into the stealers... yes i would like to do this, but i have found a dealer who is mod friendly! :)

so i think there is no point for me to get one!

thanks,

james :)

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
just thought id tell u as they forgot i asked for one and when i turned up at the remap time it was extra hasle for them to squeeze in fitting it.

dont bother then mate spend the 200 on something more fun

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.