Jacking point covers

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
Just picked up my 05 plate Leon FR - happy with it so far!!!

However, on the way home, one of the jackign point covers "fell off", i heard it scraping on the road. So stopped and popped it back in, didn't feel very positive to go back in i must admit. Got about 10 miles further, and it fell off again[:@]

Is there something that i'm missing here, or is this a common problem - or is mine broken some how................

cheers

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
They can be a b1@tch to get back in, hold the skirt down as you push it up. Do a search there were some good theads on it a while back :blink:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Push side in place first then line up the bottom to the skirt and give a sharp hard, palm of the hand smack to the underneath. Should pop into place.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
ha ha, at least i see that it's a common prob (had a look on search!), just means i have to have a good go at them tomorrow. I'm betting that dealer has had them all off and none of them are attached properly at the moment.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Was a right ballache getting mine back on was hitting it rather hard and it wouldnt go so gave up for a couple of days.
Went back to it and hit it more to the side instead of in middle and went on a lot easier.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
Didn't have any luck yesterday, gonna have another go tomorrow - failing that into Seat!!! 3 out of 4 are not clipped in properly at all, the 4th has one side clipped.

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
Jacking point covers were designed by satan himself to infuriate us mere mortals.

Seriously though, I'd like to meet the bloke that designed these..

and administer a swift kick to the b*llocks.

michpip

Nov 16, 2007
Norwich
Guess what my Seat garage tell me to do with my cover, bin it and buy a new one for £60!
Instead of doing their best to put it in for me, they just tell me to buy a new one, have to paid to get it spray to match the body work and couple hours of labour charge on top of all that! i still got one is not in properly. Is a good car apart from the small little thing like that!
ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Get the top part into the skirt slotted in and lined up. Then smack the bottom of the cover with the palm of your hand with a sharp upwards tap. Took me two hits to get mine in. Must admit when it first come off I didn't have a clue how to attach. Quick browse on here and SCN to the rescue :lol: It was fairly easy once I found out the knack.

Dec 4, 2006
Manchester
Easy way to get these back in.... inscrew the skirts. There are ~10 screws holding each skirt on- if you want to get the front jack cover back on, remove the front 3 screws... then the skirt will flex more..... easy to get it back on once you can flex it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.