James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Yer, the same old story of less of a heavy foot :)

The problem has only really come about because the car is running to efficiently i suppose, making boost very early and making lots of it.

Yeh mate, it sounds really promising - the figures you said sound amazing - great spool up.

Also you've gotta remember the stroker kit will help make the creep worse aswell - more airflow to flow through wastegate.

Anyhow good luck mate which ever route you take, but personally i wouldn't pull the turbo off / manifold off the have to redo piping etc, new wastegate etc.... Loadsa expense just to make it have less power when it rains - just keep it in a higher gear and use the torque.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Yeh mate, it sounds really promising - the figures you said sound amazing - great spool up.

Also you've gotta remember the stroker kit will help make the creep worse aswell - more airflow to flow through wastegate.

Anyhow good luck mate which ever route you take, but personally i wouldn't pull the turbo off / manifold off the have to redo piping etc, new wastegate etc.... Loadsa expense just to make it have less power when it rains - just keep it in a higher gear and use the torque.

Yer my thoughts to be honest, a big expense and a potential for things to go wrong when putting it all back just to cure a problem that can be cured with self control with driving slower during wet weather.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
A few numbers about what the car has made recently. Boost control has been a biach but here are a few digits.

Car made 456BHP / 435LB/FT @ 30psi yesterday without any real ignition timing or final tweaking.

It has been decided that being a fwd car that less is more for the time being as 435LB/FT would just rip the tyres from the car. The engine is capable of SERIOUS numbers but putting those numbers on the road would be impossible when driving. We are going to go for the 450-470 bhp mark with 350-370 lb ft and make it as progressive as possible keeping boost around 24-26PSI and keeping EGT nice and low for reliability.

n11tht

Mar 17, 2009
under the bonnet
A few numbers about what the car has made recently. Boost control has been a biach but here are a few digits.

Car made 456BHP / 435LB/FT @ 30psi yesterday without any real ignition timing or final tweaking.

It has been decided that being a fwd car that less is more for the time being as 435LB/FT would just rip the tyres from the car. The engine is capable of SERIOUS numbers but putting those numbers on the road would be impossible when driving. We are going to go for the 450-470 bhp mark with 350-370 lb ft and make it as progressive as possible keeping boost around 24-26PSI and keeping EGT nice and low for reliability.

that sounds like an excuse to rip the rear end off and go 4wd??? you know it makes sense

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
the 4wd ones with power will be the ones to worry about.. and saxo's off the line :p

467bhp/390lbft with more in hand......

its a reasonable starting point.

very impressed with the stroker/HTA3071 aside from the external gate pipework which had caused me serious grief in boost control terms.

zillions of dyno hours and my head hurts!

Last edited:

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Not that it really matters (with figures that high) but are those figures at the wheels or flywheel ??

Great progress James / Bill :thumbup:

Have you made Bills top spot James ? i know you had your beady eye on it ;)

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Not that it really matters (with figures that high) but are those figures at the wheels or flywheel ??

Great progress James / Bill :thumbup:

Have you made Bills top spot James ? i know you had your beady eye on it ;)

That is flywheel power, at it's current power of 467 it sits at the number 2 spot, but it's more than capable of making number 1 just need to get used to its power currently before making even nearer the 500 mark.

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Sure you'll be cracking number 1 spot soon mate. I'll be interested to see the dyno sheets when Bill's done working his magic.

If your serious about the 4wd conversion give me a shout if you need to know anything bud.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Be realistic.... this is fwd.......

:p ;)

how much power do you think you can use?

If I feel the urge... and to be honest this is no more than a suggestion typing this as I am so very tired.... generally...
Of cranking up the boost to see what it can do, then reverting back to what it is currently.

hmmmm
:think:

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Be realistic.... this is fwd.......

:p ;)

how much power do you think you can use?

If I feel the urge... and to be honest this is no more than a suggestion typing this as I am so very tired.... generally...
Of cranking up the boost to see what it can do, then reverting back to what it is currently.

hmmmm
:think:

If you get time it would be good to know what it "can" do within it's safe parameters.

467 BHP is going to be difficult to control as it is :D

I am very happy with the current power that it is making FWIW

Thank you for the time and effort that you have put into this car, you are a credit to the VAG tuning community :thumbup::rocker:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members