James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Full KW Coilovers + Superpro Bush Kit

Wow, been a long day!

After arriving at AmD this morning at 8:30 and after many, many hours the car is finished and I'm back home,

I've had quite a massive change done, had a full superpro bush kit fitted which includes wishbone bushes, rear beam bushes, dog bone bush, steering rack bush and arb bushes I think? Have also gone for a set of KW variant 1 inox line coilovers, what can I say, handling has been completely transformed, so stable and smooth, before when going over a pot hole (no matter how much I try to avoid them) it would shock through the cabin, now all you hear is a deep noise and it just glides on very hard to explain.

Overall, very impressed with the kit standing start grip has dramatically improved with the addition of the dogbone bush.

Big thanks to the guys @ AmD, great service as always.

Few Pics

New Coilovers
19eefa5a.jpg

Old Stuff Removed
7b38c921.jpg

Shot of the coils
465a2524.jpg

Shot after fitting
87eebd26.jpg

Last edited:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
yes, weather looks like it's going to hold up, i've got the added benefit of a garage if the weather decides to rain.

Borrowing a DASPRO from a friend will make the work a lot easier, going to be applying the was by hand / pad though

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Custom Catch Can

Fitted myself a custom made catch can. I did have the Toyosports catch can but felt it might have been restricting the flow / leaking a bit so decided to splash out and get myself a custom made one. Pics...

b1667d20.jpg

Need to give the jetex a bit of a service I think. They seem to loose the colour sooo quickly???

Also had a bit of a tidy up in the thread, my photobucket account got hacked so had to update all the links for pictures as well :(

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
BT build underway!!

I've finally taken the plunge, going BT!!! and not in a light way.

Got the following ordered today

Full ferrea valve train including, intake, exhaust, springs, retainers, seals etc
83mm Mahle pistons
Forged 144 x 20 rods
Calico main & big end coated bearings
Arp bolts all round

I've still got to source and buy the following.

Large port head
92.8mm crank

And buy these

Stage 3 clutch + flywheel kit
Diff
Uprated engine mounts

Then the engine is going to be removed, stripped & bored and built up to with stand the power that it's going to be running.

Am very excited & a little apprehensive about it all, it's going to be quite a lengthy project, but it will be worth it all in the end. Anybody with BT gist got any advise for me?

Oh and washed the car for good measure.

fd55c8f3.jpg

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
A fellow stroker, did you not get the crank with the stroker kit?
They are not cheap either
PM me if you need any help with the largeport head as they're hiding in plain sight if you know what i mean
Decided on the tubby yet?

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
It's cheaper to source a crank this side of the pond, can get one from the mk4 2.0 8v lump, and use that, and let's be honest a N/A car with 115bhp isn't going to have put much stress on the crank. Going to get it refurbed during the build, $900 for a fsi crank new, or £100 for a used one and recon it. I know which one makes sense!

Ive been given a price from a tuner for a large port head without cams etc, but if you could point me in the direction? :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.