James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Only down to reliability really. The DV30 was delicate and problematic on my car but quite possibly a faulty batch. What nozzles is Bruce sending you. Personally i'd be aiming for a flow rate of around 500cc peak flow with your power. Start with a D04 near the intercooler outlet. Later when your happy with that setup you could add a D01 pre throttle body. Set the DV30 to start flow at say 8psi with max around 23psi. Looking forward to your findings.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Only down to reliability really. The DV30 was delicate and problematic on my car but quite possibly a faulty batch. What nozzles is Bruce sending you. Personally i'd be aiming for a flow rate of around 500cc peak flow with your power. Start with a D04 near the intercooler outlet. Later when your happy with that setup you could add a D01 pre throttle body. Set the DV30 to start flow at say 8psi with max around 23psi. Looking forward to your findings.

Thanks for this! Bruce advised a D04 as well.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
4WD/dog box/997 turbo is my bet or you've got even more money to burn?!

My money's on 4WD & poss dog box

Interested in this. :D Aswell as the WMI

Well I have been speaking to Alex @ AKS Tuning about doing a 4WD conversion on the car and we have come to a reasonable figure for the work I think.

He has said that he can do the work over Nov/Dec so the car is ready for next year. My plan would be to run standard 02m box without any diff etc and just run a haldex controller. This will obviously mean that I will have a 02m gearbox with wavetrac diff & arp bolts helping fund the 4wd conversion.

I've go to try and source all the respective parts as well to do the conversion, i've been thinking about doing it for a while and trying to decide if I want to chuck another wad of cash at the car and my head is telling me that a car with this power really needs 4wd to really make it a supercar eater! :D

Watch this space I suppose....

In the meantime I will be enjoying the car as is.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Why they didn't offer a 4WD version here i'll never know. Suppose it would have taken away from the sales of the 4WD golfs etc.

Exactly, R32 Mk4 was VAG's 4WD hot hatch option around the same time of release.

And of course the older S3. Lots of people going 4WD these days now they're too much through the front wheels.

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I guess they thought for the price a 4wd leon would cost people would buy a S3 instead.

It's going to be a good move going 4wd are you using new Seat parts or S3?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise