James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Looking forward to seeing this car on the scn stand at inters! so much work and effort gone into it and its power is ridiculous lol Top work :)

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It was good to meet you James. I'm going to Action with VAG tuning again we'll have to meet up for a few beers at the pod. Also I'll hold you to that offer of a passenger ride.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Spent a bit of time on the motor this weekend trying to rekindle the love :)

Gave it an oil service which went without hitch then went to start it so that I could get it out to give it a much needed clean. Pressed the button on the remote and nothing.... bugger battery has gone flat, shows how much i've driven it recently! Took the battery out of my other car so that I could jump it and get it started. Gave it a good clean and took it for a drive to try and recharge the battery a bit.

It pains me to say this but I have toy'd with the idea of selling it / breaking it recently. I don't really want to as when I do drive it it's great fun but not sure I can justify having 2 summer toys! I've been looking at Porsche 997 Turbo's and Audi TT-RS's recently, both 4WD, both capable of BIG power.

Just not sure what to do, I will be driving the motor up until this winter (October) and then will make a decision on what to do. I've got a bit of work to do on the car over the winter months including a full detail, and taking the turbo and ex mani off to get the wastegate pipe reworked.

...................................... :shrug: decisions.

seanscott

Btw nice triumph mate. Exactly the same as mine, colour and all. Howd you find it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

seanscott

Btw nice triumph mate. Exactly the same as mine, colour and all. Howd you find drive it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
997 Turbo over the TT-RS for me mate, but both are awesome cars.

Whatever you do, I'm sure if you change the Leon will get you a good return in parts for sure as we discussed.

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
997 Turbo over the TT-RS for me mate, but both are awesome cars.

Whatever you do, I'm sure if you change the Leon will get you a good return in parts for sure as we discussed.

Changing it is still an 'IF' at the moment. Agree with the 997 comment but a decent 997 turbo is 55K+ where as can pick up a decent TT-RS for 35K

antony-lcr

Having recently sold my mk1 LCR and bike (house purchase)

I can honestly say I have not missed the car.
The bike however, I cannot wait to get back in to bikes next year.

I've realised to go fast in cars on the road is very hard and with so much traffic about overtaking near impossible.
Not too mention a bike still returns 35mpg flat out.
In my Leon I could use a full tank in next to no time, I dread to think how fast your fuel gauge goes down.
Riding a bike fast makes you realise that they are so much more fun.except for replacing the rear tyre every 1000miles :)

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Having recently sold my mk1 LCR and bike (house purchase)

I can honestly say I have not missed the car.
The bike however, I cannot wait to get back in to bikes next year.

I've realised to go fast in cars on the road is very hard and with so much traffic about overtaking near impossible.
Not too mention a bike still returns 35mpg flat out.
In my Leon I could use a full tank in next to no time, I dread to think how fast your fuel gauge goes down.
Riding a bike fast makes you realise that they are so much more fun.except for replacing the rear tyre every 1000miles :)

I do really like biking, never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do but don't get me wrong I also really enjoy driving my car and putting many a M3 to shame.

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
You cant break it yet as we haven't had our mk1 lcr trackday
Surely not thinking of a career change to hairdressing if looking at Porsche and tt? (yes I am not a Porsche lover)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members