James' LCR - 2008cc Stroker HTA GT3071r! - Tuned @ Badger5

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Gents,

Its decided time to move on!

Car will be broken up into parts as nobody will stump up the cash that I want for it as a whole car. It's sad as somebody could have enjoyed one of the most powerful road going LCR's in the country!

List of parts is massive, only the best stuff used all the parts and my contact details will be coming up in facebook groups and on a popular auction site.

It's been great fun, seriously rapid car but I want something a bit more classy like a 997 turbo or e93 M3 i'll probably end up BT'ing those too anyway! :)

Work won't start until after VW Action and towards the end of September in case anyone decides they want to give me a decent offer for the car.

Cheers

Dissapointing

why build it and then do this?

I fail to understand folks

Great (no epic) car and it gets broken after having done feck all mile ans feck all use??
What sort of plan was that you had ?

Very sad to hear this is its end

:rolleyes:
:wtf:
:whistle:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Dissapointing

why build it and then do this?

I fail to understand folks

Great (no epic) car and it gets broken after having done feck all mile ans feck all use??
What sort of plan was that you had ?

Very sad to hear this is its end

:rolleyes:
:wtf:
:whistle:

I didn't really have a plan, just sort of did it! I built it because I had never done a BT before and wanted to see how far I could push a road car build. Sadly it has to be broken as nobody will pay a reasonable value for the car as is.

The leon is EPIC one of the fastest things I have ever been in & owned. I'm just after something a bit more classy now.

If someone wants to offer me sensible money for it I will sell it and let someone else enjoy it.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Sad news James.... i hope you reconsider.
Out of curiosity is yours a resonated or non resonated miltek catback not neccessarily after buying it just curious how a 500 bhp car copes with a 70mm catback exhaust pipe diameter.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Sorry to hear your braking such a fantastic car. Out of interest what would you sell it for as a hole car?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Sad times mate but the time to move is always upto the owner and realistically we all know the only way to ever get your money back is to break.
I do hope though that you'll stick around here and even if you do buy the porka
When I organise the next track day I hope you'll bring it along too (if so shotgun a brown pants ride)

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Out of curiosity is yours a resonated or non resonated miltek catback not neccessarily after buying it just curious how a 500 bhp car copes with a 70mm catback exhaust pipe diameter.

It's the one without the silencer, also no cat, and pretty sure there isn't a lot left inside the back box either

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london

It's the one without the silencer, also no cat, and pretty sure there isn't a lot left inside the back box either

I believe it's the original Milltek with the rectangular tail pipe too

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Sorry to hear that your gonna break it, but kinda understand your reasoning.

It seems to be the kiss of death at the moment for BT builds.

My last car was a 996 Carrera 2S and although not a turbo it was stunning to drive. The feedback you get through the steering wheel is something else. Proper driving car, that and you instantly feel richer than everyone else :D

I also found the servicing cost etc not that bad, the only things that seem expensive are brakes etc, i was quoted £2800 for discs and pads... I bought the parts myself for £500 and fitted them myself. But if you buy a turbo with ceramic disc upgrade be careful as when it needs disks you will be looking at around 5-7k easy and they are not the sort of things you can buy copy parts for.

Good luck hunting for your next steed.

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Shame its come to this mate. Only ever seen the car once and its such a good example of how a BT should be done. Onwards and upwards though bud :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members