Japlac Caliper repair - before and after images

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Each to there own. Saw a yellow leon with yellow calipers. Will get the nipples replaced, they were pitted to f**k

picture.php

Here is a "better" but not much picture. Honestly they don't stand out that much...

Yeah does`nt matter what colour they are or what car they are on to me, even on porsches and the like... just not my thing.
They look a lot better when they match the car though, rather than a different colour.

As said yours look a lot better in this pic mate, quite a good match to your bodywork too!

Last edited:

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Being a bit harsh on the fella!
I must admit, The colours not my cup of tea but it doesn't look "****" as some people are saying!
Also, good on you dude for doing it...

Was it hard to do? Did you take the whole callipers off?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Being a bit harsh on the fella!
I must admit, The colours not my cup of tea but it doesn't look "****" as some people are saying!
Also, good on you dude for doing it...

It has kind of turned now he`s put a better picture up, posters seem to think they look better now... who said it looks "****" anyway? No-one that`s who.

It does look a lot better in the last pic myneek, quite good in fact and as I said a good colour match... It`s just not my thing as I said.

I`m sure I`ve seen those covers on ebay myneek.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
It has kind of turned now he`s put a better picture up, posters seem to think they look better now... who said it looks "****" anyway? No-one that`s who.

Disco Biscuit -
"I think they look :censored:, wrong colour, painted over the bleed nipples and pad retaining springs, i would have left them as is "

I assumed "Censored" meant "****" but then regardless you could put any swear word there! This wasn't directed at you, Nor disco biscuit! Dont try and act Charlie big chips on the forum because I'm not impressed.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Disco Biscuit -
"I think they look :censored:, wrong colour, painted over the bleed nipples and pad retaining springs, i would have left them as is "

I assumed "Censored" meant "****" but then regardless you could put any swear word there! This wasn't directed at you, Nor disco biscuit! Dont try and act Charlie big chips on the forum because I'm not impressed.

Ok I must have missed what he said :redface: so fair enough.

Charlie big chips? lol

Who gives a :censored: if you are impressed or not anyway?

Insert any swear word as appropriate.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
We`ll leave it because we are filling this guys thread up with an argument... I don`t want that so just wind it in.

Peace. :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Well done, deffo look cleaner and tidyer than they did before. As said, some fine wet and dry wrapped round a flat piece of wood will remove the paint from the raised lettering and make them look really good, Oh and new nipple caps or just dip the old ones in some paint thinners to get the paint off of them.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.