Josh's Leon FR tdi. R32 interior fitted.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Just bought a FR. tidy car, few things need sorting out, but the wheels are being refurbed and paintwork machine polished. 63000 on the clock, FSH, service, 12 MOT month and a 12 month warranty. I have a few plans for the car, but not wanting to do too much due to the warranty.
The day I first saw her.
LeonFR3.jpg

LeonFR2.jpg

This is how she is now.

CHASSIS

JOM Coilovers
Fully Powerflex'd Wishbones
Powerflex Steering Rack Bush
S3 Strut Brace
S3 312mm Front Brakes (Awaiting LCR brembo Fitment).
LCR 256mm Vented Rear Brakes
Big Loop ARB
DIY Shortshift
42Draft Solid Shifter Bushes

ENGINE

Mufflerectomy
Decat
EGR Delete, also in VAGCOM
Darkside Developments Shallow tdi Sump
Darkside Developments Braided Oil Feed To Turbo
BMC CDA Induction
Badger5 Custom Code Map - 186BHP and 280 LB/FT (temporary)
Blue Silicone Fuel and Coolant Hoses
SFS Coolant Hoses
Porsche Oil and Coolant Caps
Strut Top Caps
Crank Case Breather to Atmos

EXTERIOR

LCR Front Bumper
Fabia Rear Wiper
Pressed Plates
LED Number Plate LED's
GOLF MKIV OEM Aero Arms
Gloss Black Mirror Caps
Gloss Black Pillar Trims
OEM Headlight Covers
OEM LCR 18" Alloy Wheels
6x4 Oval Exhaust Tip
SCN Stickers
Clear Bulbs

INTERIOR

MKIV R32 Steering Wheel
MKIV R32 Gearknob on Leon Gaitor
R32 Pedal Set
R32 Konig Heated Leather Seats
Black Centre Fascia
Autogauge Boost Gauge
Octavia VRS Perforated Leather Handbrake
GOLF MKIV Leather Armrest
LED Bulb Conversion

She has recently had loads of work due to a few problems.

New OEM DMF and Clutch
Low Mileage EGF Code PD130 Gearbox (due to diff bearings being stronger)
New Driveshafts
New OEM Dogbone Mount
Recon Turbo
Engine/Gearbox Sandwich Plate

During this maintenance, everything involved was cleaned and re fitted with OEM seals and gaskets, including I/C, Inlet manifold and all boost pipes, wether they needed to be removed or not. Engine had 2x oil changes, and 1x filter change due to turbo and sump being fitted within about a week apart from eachother, and turbo seals not seating themselves properly first time round.

This is how she looks today, 24/3/2013, just over a year since I picked her up.
6FB626BF-2850-4533-81C4-D1DDF374BCB9-444-00000091485F4068_zpsc25bc1be.jpg

10DDEC61-65B9-45D7-941B-0EF413D06498-3401-00000270F3B9728A_zps67968100.jpg

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I've done most of that now, any help on uploading phots haven't got a clue!

Ooh just to add, within the 28 day's ive had the car, its been into the garage 3 times... had a new clutch, new plumbing for the rear window wash, and needed a new cyd 3 glow plug.

Now im waiting for it to be picked up tomorrow for a new alternator!

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Is that lot under warranty? I hope so lol. I'm suprised the alternator is pooped so early, they usually last a long time. Anyhoo nice motor.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah alternator being delivered to garage tomorrow morning, all the other stuff has also been done. I was abit surprised myself, ive got a few mates with these engines in different cars and haven't had a problem with the alternator... but my brother just changed the pulley on his mk5 golf with only 45000 on the clock! the garage are going to look at the spring loaded tensioner because it clicks sometimes and doesn't sound normal.... (any one had this?) Just bought a polisher and some 2500 wet and dry to get some fine scratcher and get her back to former glory! former owner really didnt look after the paintwork but car has FSH so not too worried. Cheers.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Anybody able to run VAGcom anywhere close to me? or even any where in cornwall as i work there? Just seen that you can get the alarm to chirp and windows to close like some VW's? Make it worth your while obviously, My Bora did this... and my megane (booo) so i was a little dissapointed when this car, my best yet doesn't! Cheers.

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Nice idea, I did this myself. Makes it look more modern

DSC00092.jpg

It sounds like that garage are trying to screw you -
Alternators usually only need clutch pulleys, and these do go. There's a test you can do. Put a 16mm spanner onto the tensior to lever it loose. Remove belt from alternator. Then spin the pulley sharply and then hold it. The internals of the alternator, the fan etc, should continue to move. Try this both directions. Probably no need in getting a whole alternator, these rarely go.

Glow plugs are cheap enough to replace. If you keep getting glow plug problems, the harness can be the culprit and can need changing.

Plumbing for rear washer - the pipe comes off. All you have to do is put it back on and tie a bit of wire around it or a cable tie. You shouldn't need new pipes.

Lovely colour motor!

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Nice idea, I did this myself. Makes it look more modern

DSC00092.jpg

It sounds like that garage are trying to screw you -
Alternators usually only need clutch pulleys, and these do go. There's a test you can do. Put a 16mm spanner onto the tensior to lever it loose. Remove belt from alternator. Then spin the pulley sharply and then hold it. The internals of the alternator, the fan etc, should continue to move. Try this both directions. Probably no need in getting a whole alternator, these rarely go.

Glow plugs are cheap enough to replace. If you keep getting glow plug problems, the harness can be the culprit and can need changing.

Plumbing for rear washer - the pipe comes off. All you have to do is put it back on and tie a bit of wire around it or a cable tie. You shouldn't need new pipes.

Lovely colour motor!

The garage said the engine management light came on because the no3 cylinder glow plug wasn't a genuine vag part and it was bent... everything has been covered by the garage, includint the dent they put in the front bumper whilst picking it up! I spoke to them today and they said that they're changing the alternator and pulley, if i was paying i'd question it but im not so im not fussed they're taking the :censored: getting her back to me though! Is your badge a mk2 badge?

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Oh right, well that's fine so! Yes mark 2, cost about 12 euro from Seat. I got out the measuring tape and I centered the badge and stuck it on. Looks far nicer.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Since my last post I have fitted the splitter,
Refurbed the callipers,
Debadged the boot and put a mk2 LEON badge on,
Fitted a mk4 Golf tdi dogbone bush (fooook me reverse shudders now!)

Next to do are some power flex wishbone bushes,
Re-seal both front doors,
HID kit,
Ferodo pads (don't know which ones yet though, any favourites?)
I'm thinking about mufflerectomy with a 6x4 LCR tip.. anybody got this?
carbon wrap both badges,
carbon wrap wheel centre caps because they are s***, then get a mate to make some 'S' vinyls for the middle
spray wing mirror covers magic black as i dont think this colour FR benefits from them being a different colour,
paint engine, battery and airbox cover
Get an S3 coolant cover from the bay and paint it.

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

bad mileage
IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

This was thanks to following a jag at 80mph and its undertray coming off, ahh well they're paying for a respray on monday! also getting O/S wing done as there is a huge gash in it.

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Bumper and wing have been done now, and I've carbon wrapped my front badge, snapped it in the process trying to get the plastic welds off :mad: I also had a play with the centre caps, they now look ****! i ruined one though, started sanding it so thats more money for one more :/ need to get a can of black spray and spray the plastic behind the lower grilles as they are now silver and looks rubbish... pics to come :) Got that front O/S jack cover done too, but its a rear so its held on with battle damage repair tape from work haha

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
few more things, sprayed a few tings in the engine bay black, also the 3 lower grilles. carbon wrapped the front badge and also the little thing in the middle of the battery cover. cheers for the idea whoever did it first!
IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

ive taken the carbon wrap off the centre caps as it looked gash...

Ripped my splitter off in halfords the other day, so im going to smooth it and gloss black it, and gave the engine bay a little boogie

Last edited:

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Looking good! Where did you get your HID kit from? Ive been looking but dont have the bollocks to buy an ebay kit without knowing if its any good or not...
And that number plate surround looks good. Was guna get the awsome gti one. but it doesnt have SEAT on it.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Looking good! Where did you get your HID kit from? Ive been looking but dont have the bollocks to buy an ebay kit without knowing if its any good or not...
And that number plate surround looks good. Was guna get the awsome gti one. but it doesnt have SEAT on it.

I haven't got a hid kit yet, there's a bloke on here with an lcr who lives by me and he's got one, I saw the lights, look good! I'll put the part number up when I get my lappy out and aren't hanging out my hoop! Badly need a kfc :/ the front plate surround got smashed off and I haven't got round to getting another for it because it doesn't fit properly, so just left the pressed plate for now; what you got?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise