juddering between 1800-2450rpm...

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
hey guys

would just like to know how many 1.8T or 1.9TDI owners have suffered from the problem of juddering when accelerating between roughly 1800-2450rpm?

I took it to SEAT who said that they could not find any faults as they couldn't replicate the problem however it does exist and i took the guy out to show him. They mentioned that although they couldn't replicate it there has been an error report posted by SEAT UK saying that there are some cases of this juddering and that if plugging up the vacuum hose doesn't fix it then they will need to replace the EGR valve...

anyone know what kind of work this takes? i want to know how long i would lose my car for if i was to take it back in for warranty work as the problem still persists

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i used to get the EGR stutter. there is a repair kit which cured the stutter but put the engine management light on. they put the standard seal back in it and had the stutter again but no light. after the FMIC and remap i dont notice it anymore lol.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
dunno if i'll go as far as hybrid mate lol not keen on EGR bypass (it's kind of there for a reason)...as you said yours was cured by the initial two ;)

i think in total mine went to the dealers 9 times for the fault and they could not cure it, so i gave up and learned to drive round the prolem, and now mines a bit more modded it seems to have gone haha