juddery when cold, problems

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
O2 Oxygen sensor, It has a pre heat circuit, when they get tired, The pre heat does not work as fast or at all, So when cold it gives inconsistent values to the Ecu, WHich can make it feel juddery..But corrects itself once it has had a few miles worth of warm exhaust gases's passing over it ...

Dean

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
So you can put your foot down as soon as you start the car from cold and it doesnt judder, jerk a bit or stutter at all!? :think: It has been mentioned a few times by other forum members so pretty sure it is common

Yes i can, I have mechanical sympathy though, so my foot doesn't go down far ;)

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
O2 Oxygen sensor, It has a pre heat circuit, when they get tired, The pre heat does not work as fast or at all, So when cold it gives inconsistent values to the Ecu, WHich can make it feel juddery..But corrects itself once it has had a few miles worth of warm exhaust gases's passing over it ...

Dean

Makes sense! cheers Dean

Yes i can, I have mechanical sympathy though, so my foot doesn't go down far ;)

fair one ;)

wes c/fergus

new to seat!
Mar 17, 2008
n.ireland
i have the same problem at times but i always try and let the engine tick over for a few minutes 3-4 before leaving my house in the mornings and work at night once its warmed up a bit it gives no bother

lol mines off a cylinder now was expecting it tho so new one to go in tomorrow that'll be 3 changed (i shoulda changed them all)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
my LC really suffered with crap idle when cold and if you tried to drie off the rev's would start to die. The only answer seemed to be re-starting the engine. It was like this most mornings.

I had a coil pack go last week after getting mapped. I've now changed all four coil packs (genuine VAG is a must) and new NGK plugs. All the idle, startup and intial driving issues have totally gone.

So if the MAF/O2 sensor isn't the problem I would defo look into coil packs and plugs, try plugs first.

lanceneoman

The Turbo Power
Aug 24, 2008
west mids
well, this morning, before i started it up, i disconnected the maf sensor, drove off straight away and it seemed fine. so im gonna get a new one of them. thanks for all the help

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.