Just bought a LCR few problems am i covered under warranty??

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
hi guys,
Today i bought a LCR 54 plate 17,000 miles and at a well low price!
But there are a few problems with the car,the climate control screen is only showing half the digit on the second number on the temperature section.
and also when i started the car the water warning light came on but the water was to the max level so could be a sensor yeah?
anyone know what seat coverer in their warranty and dont??
also how much warrnanty would this car come with from seat?is it 3 years?
either way the garage i bought it from are giving me 3 months warranty but im hoping i can iron out the problems with seat warranty
Thanks

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
thats what im hoping anyway,did the car come with 3 yrs seat warranty??

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
from new - it'll have 3yrs warranty. So if your car is a late 03 or newer plate, it'll still be in warranty. If like mine its an early 03 plate or older, it'll be out of warranty, and you'll have to go see your garage and use their 3 month warranty.
What that covers only they can tell you.

Cuprabob

Feb 6, 2006
I would say these are both warranty items. Warranty as the other guys say is 3yrs / 60K miles.

The water light coming on when you start the car is a common problem. It will be the level sensor in the coolant resevoir.

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
ah right thats intresting to know,so yeah it is still in warranty then its a 54 plate.i had it for £11800 i think thats a deal good anyway.

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
yeah should both be covered by warranty.even if it's an import there still covered for 2 years so still covered. £11800 was a cracking price i paid more for my 04 plate

cupra wannabe

definitly warrenty items. i even think they would be covered in my seat used car warrenty.

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
ill get them sorted straight away i think.its not an import full uk car so 3 yrs

chriz1

Dec 13, 2005
another quick question,if the sensor is shagged would it put the car onto a safe modfe on the ecu and drop in power?or should that show on the dash as a engine fault if that happened??

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
The engine warning light would come on if it went into limp mode. Just make sure the car has been serviced on time or SEAT won't honour the warranty. Also, if its been serviced outside the dealer network, you'll need receipts to prove that original quality parts have been used.