just fitted ramair induction and a light has come on!!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
its a warning that tc is off.. but can be triggered by other faults if shown with the engine light. but it always means tc isnt activated so go easy whilst its lit.

have you tried pressing the tc button again?

did you run the car with the maf sensor electrically connected but the tube off the car so to speak?

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
well i unplugged the sensor, fitted the kit then took it round the block, asked why lights where on, plugged the sensor back in, still no luck, unplugged the battery, plugged it back in and the engine light was off but the TC light is still on!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Page 2.21 SEAT handbook -

18 - Drive Wheel Spin Regulator (TCS) / Electronic Stability Program (ESP)

'The warning light lights up for a few seconds as a functional check when the ignition is switched on; it should go off after a couple of seconds'

'If the ESP works while the vehicle is in motion, the light flashes'

'If the system is disconnected or has a fault, the pilot light will stay on'

'As the TCS, ESP works in combination with the ABS, if the ABS breaks down the ESP light pilot light also comes on'

Last edited:

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
sorry i havent got a handbook, its not the ESP light that stays on it the one like in the picture in the other page(explanation mark and arrow going around it)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
id try the battery but for half an hour. failing that ask for help in the vagcom requests section or get fleeced at the dealers on their diagnostics...:(

find a local with vagcom;)

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
so is there anything around the airbox that i could of interupted/knocked whilst fitting??

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i think it means strongly agree. :lol:

isnt the black casing behind the airbox on the bulkhead the abs thingy? cant see how youve knocked it but worth a look.

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
i think it means strongly agree. :lol:

isnt the black casing behind the airbox on the bulkhead the abs thingy? cant see how youve knocked it but worth a look.

well why didnt he just say that. lol
im going to unplug it for a bit more and check around the kit

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Is this bloke for real!!!???? i thought ide heard everything till now!!! you cant just leave things hanging thay are there for a reason! Please send us a picture ive really got to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
Is this bloke for real!!!???? i thought ide heard everything till now!!! you cant just leave things hanging thay are there for a reason! Please send us a picture ive really got to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:doh:

yes mate i am for real, funny that aint it! i removed the airbox like i was told to and the plug was attached to that so i assumed it was ment to be removed as the new filter didnt have a plug on it! shame everybody aint perfect like you :blink:

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
just connected the battery again and the TC light is still on so i have no idea and i checked allwires pipes aroundthe area but everything seems ok! hopefully my vagcom will arrive tomorrow so that should tell me right??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.