Keyless Entry/Exit Is it me ? or the car ?

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
But that’s only for one cycle, a real pain you can’t permanently disable it. I have it, because that’s what came as standard, but I’d never have specced it. Same with wiggly foot boot opening - a button on the fob, drivers door and boot lid lip was fine on my Audi.
You can permanently disable it, I have. Im too paranoid that its not locked so often try the handle before i walk away, cant do that with keyless entry.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
You can permanently disable it, I have. Im too paranoid that its not locked so often try the handle before i walk away, cant do that with keyless entry.
Why not just look at the mirrors for visual confirmation? Unless I'm missing something and mirror folding isn't standard on all models.

Reactions: Hizzards

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Why not just look at the mirrors for visual confirmation? Unless I'm missing something and mirror folding isn't standard on all models.
You're absolutely right but it's a bit of an OCD thing, like checking the front door of the house multiple times. Then there's stories of scumbags boosting key signals to unlock cars so it suits me to not have it enabled.

Reactions: Ninjakebab

Scriminjer

Oct 13, 2022
Also don't shut your keys in the boot after unlocking... it won't reopen. Had my keys in my bag, opened door keyless then decided to put my bag in the boot (complete with both keys!). Drove home, engine off, got out and the boot won't open!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Also don't shut your keys in the boot after unlocking... it won't reopen. Had my keys in my bag, opened door keyless then decided to put my bag in the boot (complete with both keys!). Drove home, engine off, got out and the boot won't open!
Not even if you press the unlock button near the handbrake button ?

Tell

Staff member
Anyone else find that if you have your keys in your pocket next to your phone then the keyless entry is a bit hit and miss?

Regardless, the most annoying feature is not being able to lock the car from the boot. So you get out, close the door, then go to the boot to get something out, close it, then you have to go back to the door to lock it! Sure you can lock it before going to the boot, then unlock just the boot, but if you have a passenger you're often stood around waiting for them to get out etc. Both our previous cars with keyless entry had the option to lock the car on the boot.
You can always lock the passenger door when you get out then go round to the boot and open it. It's seperate.

Tell

Staff member
Not even if you press the unlock button near the handbrake button ?
That is a fault on some Kessy's it's suppose to read the key in the boot and not lock up but if that fails you lock the car with the keys in the boot. Why I tell people don't code auto locking as you walk away else if there are aeriel issues with Kessy it will lock you out of the car if it looses contact with the keys, assumption being keys are out of the car.

Scriminjer

Oct 13, 2022
That's an early one... other early ones were people smashing the windows to get in or calling the wife for the spare keys. Best never to chance the keys in the boot. It is a fault that it's not reading that the key is in the boot.
That’s what I thought, I managed to start the car with the keys in there. I only had the spare with me as I was setting up the app in the morning so it was also in my bag. The app isn’t authorised to open by the dealer so I could have been stuck 🤣

I got straight back in the car and started it but ultimately the back seat was the only way I could get in. I might try this again leaving the spare in the house to see if it does it again.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Mine just unlocks the drivers door does anyone know how to unlock all the doors with keyless entry?
Pretty sure you will find a toggle on the infotainment menu to control how central locking works. Yours is set so the car can't be highjacked / unwelcome people getting in when you unlock it.

Gripping the door handle twice sounds fun....

Reactions: Fencer60

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Pretty sure you will find a toggle on the infotainment menu to control how central locking works. Yours is set so the car can't be highjacked / unwelcome people getting in when you unlock it.

Think it’s called Comfort opening - or was that my last car?

Reactions: Tell

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
You can permanently disable it, I have. Im too paranoid that it’s not locked so often try the handle before i walk away, cant do that with keyless entry.
I think the keyless is disabled for a minute or two after locking just for this scenario - so you can check it’s locked without unlocking it again.

Reactions: Fencer60

Bear

Jun 15, 2021

Yep @Tell is right, I changed mine recently. Unfortunately I'm 5 beers in so cannot recall the exact method, but if you look hard enough, it's in the infotainment system.

Wimmy

Apr 10, 2022
You don’t need to touch the handle to lock it. There’s a proximity sensor around it.
Hand inside the handle to unlock, hand near the outside of the handle to lock.

The motorised boot is easy once you suss the correct movement. Pretend there’s a cable running under your rear bumper and swiftly pull your foot back as though to pull the invisible cable. Doing the same with the boot open will also close it.

Reactions: Ninjakebab
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.