keyless Entry Fault

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
Anyone experiencing Intermittent problems with there touch locking door handle? I find on my car I never know when it will work or not! It will lock and unlock the car with the key fob every time, but now and again when I try to lock with touching the handle it wont lock, the same when trying to unlock by touching the inside of the handle, it will always work with the fob, and I have tried holding the key in one hand when this happens, and touching the door handle point, but just the same happens, so it's not that the key is hidden.
Not a big problem as long as it works with the key fob. Will mention when it goes in for its first service. But just wondered if I was the only one with this intermittent fault?

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Works flawlessly for me.

Only time I notice it not working is when I am trying to lock by putting my hand inside the handle instead of just touching the door locking point. I don't take my key out of my pocket.

Definitely mention it.

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
Works flawlessly for me.

Only time I notice it not working is when I am trying to lock by putting my hand inside the handle instead of just touching the door locking point. I don't take my key out of my pocket.

Definitely mention it.
Ha Ha. As my last car a Peugeot 3008 it had the same keyless entry, so I know what side of the door handle to touch when locking or unlocking!

Reactions: Peyton

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Any chance you keep the key in your pocket and accidentaly switch off keyles? It happened to me couple of times and then I looked like an idiot waving my foot under the boot to open it.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Any chance you keep the key in your pocket and accidentaly switch off keyles? It happened to me couple of times and then I looked like an idiot waving my foot under the boot to open it.
How do you cancel keyless? I had my car go a bit crazy when I was washing it, locking/unlocking. I am guessing it is unlocking because the key is in my pocket.

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
You can arrange the locking to open the two O/S doors or just the drivers door or All the doors. I have tried all the settings but still get this intermittent fault. I think I will change over to the spare key fob and see if that makes any difference? as I say it works most of the time, but just now and again it wont!

When washing the car better to keep the key in a faraday pouch or out of the way all together.

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Mine was a bit wobbly first week or so, but settled down (probably partly down to user error or a software update).
Worked okay since then though.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
How do you cancel keyless? I had my car go a bit crazy when I was washing it, locking/unlocking. I am guessing it is unlocking because the key is in my pocket.
From Manual:
Keyless Access temporary disconnection
function*
You can deactivate the vehicle's Keyless
Access unlocking for one locking and unlocking
cycle.
● Move the gear lever to position P since
otherwise the vehicle cannot be locked.
● Close the door.
● Push the central locking button (lock button) on the
remote control and touch the locking sensor
surface of the driver door handle
››› Fig. 73 B within the following 5 seconds.
Do not grasp the door handle; otherwise the
vehicle will not unlock. Deactivation is also
possible if the vehicle is locked through the
driver’s door lock.
● To check that the function has been deactivated,
wait at least 10 seconds, grip and pull
on the door handle. The door should not
open.
The next time the door can only be unlocked
via the remote control or the lock cylinder.
The next time the door is locked/unlocked,
Keyless Access will be active again.

Reading this, I think my keyless malfunctions too from time to time. I thought, you can switch it off by clicking lock button twice, like in other cars. So looks like it's not my pocket, it's just random malfunction.

Cupradev

May 10, 2021
From Manual:
function*
cycle.
● Close the door.
driver’s door lock.
open.

Reading this, I think my keyless malfunctions too from time to time. I thought, you can switch it off by clicking lock button twice, like in other cars. So looks like it's not my pocket, it's just random malfunction.
Could just be temperamental sensors in the door handle? On my recent test drive I found I had to move my hand a little, along the handle, before it finally locked.
I also had a stretch of road where the Road sign toggled between 30 and 45, which is obviously the car wrestling between mph and kph. It settled on mph, it still made me smile having read these and other forums. Car was a 70 plate VZ3, sales managers car.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
From Manual:
function*
cycle.
● Close the door.
driver’s door lock.
open.

Thanks. I really should look up things in the manual myself, I apologize, I thought you knew for sure how to cancel it. I've tried the double lock button, long hold button, etc but it didn't seem to affect it.

This method will be useful when I am washing my car. Thank you.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
By the way, just put your key inside the car when washing - no need to disable keyless or move key away.

Reactions: Peyton

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
Maybe it thought you were trying to break in and disabled keyless, I think it does this by default 🤔

May 2, 2021
Mine is a bit odd too, like yours. It’s not not like our Ateca so maybe it’s user error. All the little quirks take a bit of getting used to.
And for the life of me I can’t work the foot wiggle boot opener. I know it’s there, the dealer did it first go. I just stand there like some kind of loony waving my foot around hoping I’m don’t get carted away to the funny farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Mine is a bit odd too, like yours. It’s not not like our Ateca so maybe it’s user error. All the little quirks take a bit of getting used to.
And for the life of me I can’t work the foot wiggle boot opener. I know it’s there, the dealer did it first go. I just stand there like some kind of loony waving my foot around hoping I’m don’t get carted away to the funny farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I usually just push my leg under the middle of the trunk, leave it there for a second and then pull back. No waving left to right or front to back. Just put it under, let it sit for a half a second or so and then pull back. I can get it to work most of the times.

Reactions: bigcarpchaser

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
No, the car started to close the side mirrors then couple of seconds later it would unfold them and so on. Depending on the water passing along the handle.
It's normal for keyless car. Audi was locking and unlocking during washing as well. Only difference, Audi didn't unfold mirrors until driver's door were opened, which I think is better. I don't need unfolded mirrors, when I just want to take something from car, not drive it.

Reactions: Yaz2010 and Peyton

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
I usually just push my leg under the middle of the trunk, leave it there for a second and then pull back. No waving left to right or front to back. Just put it under, let it sit for a half a second or so and then pull back. I can get it to work most of the times.
Yeah, the trick is to pull your leg back sharply. Wriggling doesn't work lol - been there, tried it 🤣

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Anyone experiencing Intermittent problems with there touch locking door handle? I find on my car I never know when it will work or not! It will lock and unlock the car with the key fob every time, but now and again when I try to lock with touching the handle it wont lock, the same when trying to unlock by touching the inside of the handle, it will always work with the fob, and I have tried holding the key in one hand when this happens, and touching the door handle point, but just the same happens, so it's not that the key is hidden.
Not a big problem as long as it works with the key fob. Will mention when it goes in for its first service. But just wondered if I was the only one with this intermittent fault?
I picked up my Formentor yesterday morning and have already had a couple times that I couldn’t open the car using the keyless entry. I have keyless entry on my Seat Ibiza for the last two years and never had an issue with it. At one point I couldn’t even open the boot by hand even though the car was unlocked so had to open the boot using the button on the key fob. I had the 110mph speed limit show on the. Dash board but happy to say the acc worked correctly. My car that was built on the 6th April has software version 1790 and my Formentor is a VZ2 310ps.