Lambro's Black 1.2 MK4 5DR Ibiza...:D

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Admiral are cheapest for our age group. I've been with them since day 1.

My dad has an Abarth and it's great fun to drive (was insured on it for a month), however at 10k I can't afford one! Megane R26 is cheap (£5k) and pretty fast. The new clios look great, but again probably too much for me. A clio 197 is tempting though... I may be faithful to SEAT though :)

£2199.24 - Elephant - Still on the 1.2, with 3 named drivers, all clean, with 15years licesnce....
I don't understand! :(

Edit - Just did exactly the same quote with Admiral, got exactly the same price... :/

I'll change the car, and see what happens. Update - £6k on a new cupra, lol

Edit - If I take off my Dad, and make it TPFT - £1696.45

Last edited:

MK5-KXE

Old School
Dec 7, 2011
Canterbury
Ok.

My insurance is £600, i am 20 and had 1 car before.

I'm not the main driver, my dad is, me and my mum are the named. But its my car.

Try swapping who is the main. But remember you need your no claims. have you had an accident you have claimed on? (brings the price right up).

also say its in a residential parking area. apparently that brings the costs down as well.

If nothing works, phone them up and speak with them. :snack:

Well, I have to be the main driver, because it's my car, but I've never had any claims, and neither has anyone else in my family, same with convictions.

And it's not as if I live in a thieving area or anything.

I'll try the parking thing....Usually I just put garaged.

Is yours with Admiral/Elephant as well MK5?

ALEXZ360

I guess at the main reason for mine being cheap is that it is parked on an army camp so I don't know if that brings it down a lot, also it might sound dumb but try taking some people off as named drivers,

On mine I tried adding my step mum but it went up to over £2200 but when I took her off it went down by £600 and she has got full no claims and no convictions

Yeah I did that, it seemed to like my mum & Auntie, but not my dad, and I put all their details the same, apart from the fact my dad is a male! ¬.¬

Edit - I put residential parking, and it went down to £1500, fully comp! :D

When I changed my Dad from male to female, the price went down also.

Last edited:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
We all have to take the high insurance prices at first, but then it comes down dramatically.

First year for me = £2500 (£1900 provisional)
Second year = £1400
Third year = £700
Next year £500-600 or so.

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
I have myself as the main driver, my mum and dad as named drivers and it comes to £1602.11 with elephant, that's with 0 years no claims and 2 claims adding just over £5000 so I don't know

Exactly the same as yours, except mine is £1650, with 1 years no claims and no points/claims or anything.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Expect it to drop dramatically next year then! Should be around £800. The first 3-4 years no claims make a massive difference.

I just have my mum and dad on the policy, both with clean licences, no claims and 30+ years no claims