LCR 2004 K04-064 hybrid

MoK

Jan 5, 2016
Warsaw, Poland
Greetings from Warsaw.

Here's my LCR 2004, im currently finishing last mods.

Feel free to ask questions, but not like "Ey you got steering wheel on the wrong side" :p

MDS_5300fr.jpg

IMG_20150620_103805.jpg

Mods:

Engine:

- New Goetze piston rings
- Rebuild brand new head
- Athena head gasket
- ARP bolts
- All new engine gaskets
- Rebuild new gearbox
- IE con rods rifle drilled V2
- Calico bearings
- Dual friction clutch from CG Motorsports
- FMIC
- Downpipe
- De cat.
- 2.75'' exhaust
- K&N filter on stock airbox
- Remap on 1.4 bar middle / 1 bar redline on stock K04-023

Around 270 bhp / 380 nm.

Other:

- Front strut bar
- Koni coilovers (regulated)
- Eibach springs
- Boost / Oil temp / Oil press gauges
- Hel brake hoses
- Fully regenerated and painted brembo calipers

- 2 sets of rims / ori / custom.

- 225/40/18 tyres
Winter - Pirelli Sotto Zero
Summer - this year was Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3, but for next summer i've got Toyo's R888R's ^_~

And something more I propably forgot.

Currently installing:

- K04-064 hybrid turbo - brand new
- Oil cooler with Mocal thermostatic plate
- New downpipe
- Apexi AVCR
- Defi Advance ZD (instead of oil press / oil temp gauges)
- 525 cc bosch injectors
- Deatsch Werks 65v fuel pump
- Magnaflow cat. (darn those technical checks)
- Cruise control :p

Also when I wear off brake discs gonna put EBC Turbo Groove Discs + EBC pads.

And some other things i forgot :)

Oil was used Motul Xcess-8100 5w-40

Now it's time for Millers CFS 5w-40 Nano

Engine is like brand new and forged. Like 1.5k miles on it.
Holds 1.9 bar oil pressure on neutral @ 85 c oil temp.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Ey you got steering wheel on the wrong side

sorry, welcome to the forum, nice car and will be interesting to see it develop.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Welcome to SCN dude. Sounds like a cool setup - would be very interested in seeing some info on the -064 install as I've been thinking about doing something similar myself in the near(ish) furture :)

MoK

Jan 5, 2016
Warsaw, Poland
Yea, almost no info @ Internet about 064 hybrid on 1.8T. Should spool around 3200 - 3300 rpms. Thats the good thing about it.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Indeed, nearly stock spooling characteristics but capable of pushing a fair bit of air through. A friend has a stock K04-064 on his A3 and is currently sat at 370bhp, so I'd imagine a hybrid should be able to break the 400bhp mark with supporting mods and a well-flowing setup.

Have you built your own adapter plate for the turbo, or have you picked one up from the likes of BBT? I'm looking to produce my own but have an engine to rebuild before I get onto that really!

Edit; There's increasingly more info popping up as more people get involved - Prawn's thread over on ASN, or Chris Carse's thread on UK-MkIVs are two that spring to mind but I've seen more on assorted forums (TT etc)

Last edited:

MoK

Jan 5, 2016
Warsaw, Poland
My tuner makes his own adapters. 370 bhp on stock K04-064? Seems not true. Or the dyno adds :) Should be around 330-340 but I can be wrong :) In 2 weeks I will have the results.

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
370bhp with incredibly linear/progressive delivery. He's recently converted to a standalone Emerald K6 ECU and his first go at mapping (as in, he'd never tried it before) got him to around 350ish, with Bill @ Badger5 tweaking things very slightly to see the extra improvements to where he is at present. I hear whispers of a little more coming soon too...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/prawn-and-bigals-a3-track-car.109831/

Would be interested to see the adapter plate if you have a photo? I've seen a couple of different ways of tacking the problem and I'm pretty sure of the way I'm going to deal with things, but more data is always helpful! Get some pictures up from your build if you can, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be keen. Pictures > words

rainbird

Sep 3, 2012
Yeah he's raised the limiter (nice and easy thanks to the K6) though it's worth noting the car is making 370 without WMI, which is used for to keep temps down a little rather than for power (if that makes sense) :)

Edit; Peak power is currently made right at the limiter. Would be interesting to see him throw a built head on there and be able to rev things higher, I suspect the power curve would keep creeping higher for a little while even on the stock K04!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.