paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
hi i was wondering if i have a boost leak the easin i say this is because i was driving back to england from germany the other night an when in 6th gear an at about 6100rpm the engine feels like it loses boost, the revs drop to 590 then builds back up to 6100rpm an then drop back down.... is this normal or is this my 007 valve relesing under pressure? i dont no the correct terms but am hoping someone will help me please??? should the engone be able to go th 6500 in 6th gear or not? many thanks guys.... i go back after xmas leave so would like to no if i need to buy new spring for my forge 007 an what should it be relesing at??? many thanks guys.... cheers

Last edited:

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
if you mean 5,900 and not 590 then it could well be a spring failure on the split r. apparently they're not supposed to be as good as the 007p, seeing as you're quite modified I wouldnt be at all suprised if it was this.

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
What spring do you have fitted? has it been serviced at all? Yeah most cars have limiters to protect the engine, but shouldnt be so aggressive as the rev range you're talking about.

If its an actual dv failure then how long have you had the unit?

Last edited:

MrJohnnyB

Apr 10, 2008
Sudbury, Suffolk
I assume you're referring to a Rev Limiter then of course there is a limiter which kicks in to stop the engine from over revving, if there was no limiter then there would be nothing to stop someone putting their foot down and just over revving the engine and breaking it. (thinks about them old dears that have to get a car up to 4k revs to pull away)

EDIT: Apparently a lot of people are using yellow springs on remapped LCR's that said the AMD boys would have probably advised this if it was necessary.

Last edited:

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
it should have i think but the map might take this off.. i thought all vag cars are limited to 155 .

All German cars are limited to 155mph, and i think that would extend to all VAG group cars too. I think the limiter is built into all of them, regardless of whether or not they could actually reach that speed.

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
are seats restricted to 155mph?

hi everyone im afyer a straight answer from people with more knoledege then me to tell me if a seat leon cupra r would belimited to 155? i drove back home from germany last week an cant seem to get past 155. the rpm is 6k an when reach 155 i lose boost an ave to accelarate again, im drivin back afyer xmas leave an want to see if i can reach a higher speed... cheers guys

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
All German cars are limited to 155mph, and i think that would extend to all VAG group cars too. I think the limiter is built into all of them, regardless of whether or not they could actually reach that speed.

he has a point guys... if he is stopping at 155 its the speed restricter

i honestly thought a re map would have took this off tho

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
unless you know how hot things are getting haqving been on wot for some time or whether the ecu is pulling back... its likely thats all thats left in it.
vag-com?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.