LCR/Cupra Recirc valve HELP!!!

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
I know the law is to buy a Forge 007p

However I have a 'similar' internet branded recirc valve arrive today, It came with 3 springs, The thickest one was already fitted, However I swapped for the middle sized yellow one..

My car is remapped and has stage 2 mods,...

I installed the valve, Fired it up and it sounded and idled as norm,..

Drove it and there is near NO boost, and a real harsh whistling noise coming from turbo area (as if its being choked)???

Is there a possibility Ive put too stiff of a spring in? Should I try the softer one??

Is there a possibity ive installed it the wrong way?? It looks identical to a 007p and ive the nipple facing up..

Im awaiting the,... GET A FORGE!

I will, but for now its either stick with a std bosch or get this one working..

Many thanks, Chrissy

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
if you have fitted it the same way round as the old bosch you will be ok but even the forge ones work both ways so should yours ;)

andycupra

status subject to change
like i say a leak, or the dv is permanently dumping.
which couild mean you want a stiffer spring.
Although if all is working correctly it wouldnt matter which spring you had used in order to get boost.

Last edited:

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
LCR Boost leak..

I have a BIG problem with my LCR 225

I fitted a shitty recirc valve with a 'yellow' spring in, Instantly a wheezing noise on boost can be heard and pooooor power,..

Is there a certain weak spot on one of the boost pipes? Is it possible for me to have burst something by having put such a stiff springed DV on??

Also anyone know of help in S Wales, I have no clue on these motors and refuse to be ripped off at a dealer etc,...

Chrissy

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
try tightening up the dv; the top part with the nipple will be seperate to the chamber, they are threaded together. make sure they are tight :)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Just noticed you say in your other thread you have the same issues when reverting back to the oem dv; check the boost hose from the charge pipe to the DV, and the hose from the charge pipe to the N75 (smaller one coming off the charge pipe near the DV hose connection) as you may have dislodged these during fitting. Also worth taking the engine cover off (2 plastic screws at the front) and checking the hose from the dv nipple to the n249 valve.

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Ok, is there any easy way of locating a leaky pipe? How on earth can I without being under the bonnet?

Would a diagnosis be free? and would that locate anything, areawise? dont suppose it could,..
Tried soapy spray and not a bubble in sight!!!

Its like bloody spaghetti junction under the DV!!!!!!!!

Chrissy

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Ok, so cant find anything, I taped up the hose coming from the metal charge pipe to eliminate that, and its NOT that one, so its booked into GwentVW tomorrow to have a look see what they can find..

Shall keep you informed,. Cars so mundane at present, Nothing worse than a car not running well.

Chrissy

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.