Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
quick update, cooler still not here and want to crack on,

a few bits of grinding again to fir perfect,

also painted the 2 front pipes, im 99% the wont need to come into the foglight part of the bumper but if they do i dont want them chrome,

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
ye collecting it tuesday,

the day it arrives im sure it will be on and running in a day. at least ive had the old one to use to mock it up with, im even tempted to run all the pipework in, but worried if the cooler is slightly different (dont think it will) it may not fit aswell.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Yeah i know what you mean, if it was me i would rout all the pipes and find something was different. i'm def going to do this prob in next month or two, so i will be after all the bits you had to buy along with a grinder LOL i have a bench mounted one but not much use with this, are there any other bits you had to get that you haven't listed.
I am also going to have the DV port put on to the forge pipe so i can relocate the DV think there will be some room. LOL

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
no nothing else mate, make sure forge send the map sensor adaptor, just bits of steel to make brackets,

i might be grinding the bottom mounts off the intercooler aswell, as i want it to sit as low on the bumper as poss. ill see how it hangs with just top brackets on and iff it hots strong wont bother with bottom.

brad1

yeah, easily, the hardest bit i think would be removing and then putting the bumper back on ;)

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Is the map sensor pipe size only an issue with the lcr as when i fitted the map sensor from my lc into the forge pipe it was very tight fit to get it in?

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
no it was like a worm in a wheelie bin, they said they put adaptors in the box but must have forgot in mine,

phil you will enjoy your THS hose fitting well after you have done,

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
The lc and lcr must have slightly different diametre map sensors then as can only assume that forge don't make two different pipes. Mine wasn't like a worm in wheelie bin, more like tennis ball through pee shooter. Lol. Had to lube the rubber ring seal up. Ooo err!

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
phil you will enjoy your THS hose fitting well after you have done,

Yeah i am looking forward to that.

The lc and lcr must have slightly different diametre map sensors then as can only assume that forge don't make two different pipes. Mine wasn't like a worm in wheelie bin, more like tennis ball through pee shooter. Lol. Had to lube the rubber ring seal up. Ooo err!

I think they are different pipes the LCR one was made as a one off but they then put it for general sale, could be wrong though.
This is the LCR one. http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...product=FMMAPT well it would be if the link worked LOL the original link works why wont this?

Last edited:

everitt1980

Weekend runabout
Aug 15, 2008
sheffield
Nev those pipes look spot on in black. All the silicine in my engine bay is in black and am now thinking of painting the ally ones like you have. Sorry for copying. My pipe kit was the same as yours so wanted to ask what you used to paint them and also what prep was required?

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
not a problem, scuffed them up with a scotch pad, then cleaned with pannel wipe, used black satin smooth hamerite.

same as my manny and charge pipe,

i dont think they will be on show but just incase

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.