Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Do you mean you're preparing your car for trackdays ... not actually turning it into a track car?

One of the very first things you'll need to do is upgrade the brakes ... yes the LCR has Brembos but they're not good enough for serious track abuse. At the very minimum new 2-piece grooved discs all round, steel braided brake hoses and racing fluid.

The LCR suspension also needs replacing with a good set of adjustable coilovers. As for trackday tyres the best ones I've tried are the Hankook RS2, above that you're looking at the Toyo R888 or Dunlops.
Yup Rob more a track day car as this will be my road car aswell.
As for suspension I'll wait and see how my set up feels on the track before I change it. I've checked my shockers and they seem fine just now.
And 2 piece discs will be fitted when these need replaced.
I plan to get R888 for a start then OZ ultraleggeras to fit them on

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well got the sump changed, was quite easy to do. I did try and change the oil pump but couldn't get it off and balls weren't big enough to take off the timing belt, pulley and crank shaft case.
When time belts gets done the next time I'll probably do a baffled sump and change the oil pump, chain and tensioner, I have them all now.
Got the ARB bushes changed aswell so cars back to feeling great again.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Updated the handling specs to include new transmission mount
This has reduced my stalling incidents since the SMF and Stage 1 clutch has been fitted
As for increased handling not had a chance to try this yet due to gearbox concerns

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
wow nice project mate i will be following this and good luck with every thing you do,also a really good read

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Fingers crossed SEAT stump up for the gear box issues. I have had no luck getting my dealer to do anything under warranty since I bought it three years ago. Spoke to SEAT customer service the other day about the various issues and they have sent me to another dealership with a reference number!

Only 13 days till I christen mine at Donington. A few people from work are coming to watch as they are convinced I will crash! My concern is the suspension (standard) as the brakes should be more than capable but like you I will see how the suspension copes before deciding whether to replace.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Have you considered a wee bit more toe-out on the fronts? It helps dial out FWD mid-corner understeer, was a savvy trick used on orginal Mini Coopers & also a popular mod on Mk2 GTIs (8v & 16v).

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I have had the wheels laser aligned a few times as they seem to wear very quickly on the inside. Been two months since I had it done last so need to measure the tread depths again to see if it has improved the situation. The bloke at the alignmentplace said some cars are just set-up to wear this way and nothing you can do about it....

iib3327

leon cupra r track day toy fair play.. best this will put some of the bigger stuff in its place..;)

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
The LCR is quite a formidable weapon on track. Needs better brakes over standard but aside from that in the right hands it can punish cars many times it's price. :D Watch this space!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Was into Seat Aberdeen yesterday for the sewcond time to get pictures taken and a second report to be written. Seems like mthe service manager might not have put in the initial one, not good, that was 2 months ago.
The aftermarket Manager recons Seat will no do anything about it due to the car being 5 years old.
This could get messy!!!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Updated the handling specs to include new transmission mount
This has reduced my stalling incidents since the SMF and Stage 1 clutch has been fitted
As for increased handling not had a chance to try this yet due to gearbox concerns
Hi :)

To clarify what you mean by transmission mount, you mean you changed the transmission bush?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
No there are three engine mounts
One on the drivers side called the engine mount, one on the passengers side between the chassis and gear box which is the transmission mount and the Dog Bone Mount between the chassis and gear box.
It was the Transmission mount I changed, I got the set from Issam.
They are a complete mount no just a bush like other set ups