LCR Mk1 Door Sills: PICS UPLOADED PAGE 2

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Does anyone know where i can get LCR Mk1 chrome/aluminium/silver/stainless steel door sills? Ive looked on rickbrook and they list standard ones for about £35 but i wanted to know if you can get cupra r, seat, leon or similar ones specifically for the seat leon cupra r?

Cheers

Last edited:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yeah you can get them from a dealers. They are dearer than £35 a set.
I think I paid £30 from someone off here for a nearly new second hand set.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Year, the rears are just plain. The fonts have Leon etched into them. I don't have pics at the moment as they are back off the car while I change the sticky pads and clean them up a bit.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
ive had a look on the seat website and they are not listed anywhere but on the downloadable guide the have an item number, are they still available?

Theres a site called demongraphics.co.uk that do standard stainless steel sills and you can have custom text put on them for like £30, anyone else every used them?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Never use demongraphics but just call up a local dealer or VAG parts place and give them the part numbers.

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
Got mine from Ebay a while back. £25 delivered

doorsill2.jpg

doorsill.jpg

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
There is no part numbers on them so you may have to search or ask the dealers.
They should come with sticky backed tape/foam. Just don't stick them to the existing black vinyl that's on the sills. Remove it and stick them to the bare metal.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
is the black vinly easy to take off?

Yes but peel it off slowly it leaves all kind of glue behind on the sill.
It's a good job my covers are going over it again because I've tried everything to shift it in places and I've even removed a bit of silver paint from the sill. :doh:
Oh well if I can't see it I'll forget it's there. :D

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Looking at the instructions on this forum, its says to stick the doorsills directly onto the black vinly, as they are on the seat website:

img-1m5071500,property=Image.jpg

However you say above to remove the black sills.

chrisphysics

SEAT Lover
Jun 22, 2008
Sheffield
Looking at the instructions on this forum, its says to stick the doorsills directly onto the black vinly, as they are on the seat website:

I want!!! and yes I agree it looks better to leave the black on. Leaving the black on will also protect that second "step".

jamiebennett81

where did you find those?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise